Facility Manager – For Animal Lovers
Jet Pet Resort is 5-star pet boarding and daycare facility in Richmond, located just minutes from the Vancouver airport. With 15,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor boarding, courtyards, lounges, and spa amenities this pet resort provides the ultimate experience for our pet guests. This facility caters to cats and dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments. Each pet guest is treated as an individual and the Jet Pet team knows how to entertain all personality types, from the relaxed cats and shy canines, to the playful puppies and energetic dogs. Jet Pet Resort is searching for a Facility Manager for the YVR location.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is an animal lover and an experienced people-leader who has a sales, call centre, hotel, hospitality or retail background. You are passionate about providing an incredible customer/pet experience and growing your leadership skills. Your innate entrepreneurial spirit is drawing you to a place where you can make a valuable contribution, a place where you can really add value. In 6 – 12 months you are interested in having an ownership stake in this facility.
To effectively manage all day-to-day operations, run and grow inside sales and lead a team of 12 effectively. This role demands exceptional customer service and consistent interaction with guests and the team throughout the day. You will greet clients, position services packages, lead perspective clients on tours of the facility and close sales.
- Passionate about animals and ability to gain immediate trust and rapport with customers/pets
- At least 3 years of people management or supervisory experience with some post-secondary education, College or University degree is an asset
- An experienced people-leader coming from a sales, call centre, hotel, hospitality or retail background.
- Leads by example, is hands-on with an entrepreneurial can-do attitude, is solution driven and open to new ideas
- Strong desire to have an equity position in the YVR location within 6 – 12 months.
- Has worked in a variety of companies and prefers working within smaller privately-owned, entrepreneurial companies with the ability to have a significant impact
- Friendly demeanour with an infectious out-going personality, a natural people connector with above average communication skills
- Demonstrated track record in direct sales and/or in customer service with responsibility to grow sales
- Passionate about providing an incredible customer/pet experience
- Proven ability to problem solve and improve work processes and sales procedures
- Flexibility to work more during peak periods, work weekends when needed and be on-call when necessary
- Expectation of continuous learning, increased self awareness and self improvement
- Interest in, or some exposure to health and safety is an asset
- Foster a culture that values transparency, accountability, excellence, and client satisfaction
- Communicate expectations and consistently hold team members accountable
- Lead service team to improve customer service and exceed sales goals
- Provide on-going training to inside sales team, help sales team effectively sell new products resulting in growth year after year
- Engage the team and make the sales process fun, initiate team building events to help maintain a positive working environment
- Providing coaching that develops talent and raises productivity and service standards
- Lead performance development planning and the performance management process
- Take initiative, provide positive feedback for work well done, reward top performance
- Be accountable for operations KPI’s and provide regular reports to the Director of Operations
- Engage and motivate team to grow careers within Jet Pet Resorts, be aware of existing and potentially new career paths within the company
- Contribute to growing Jet Pet’s online presence to increase community awareness, increase walk-in and call-in traffic to ultimately grow customer base
- Motivated to have an ownership stake in the company, continue to actively contribute to the growing success and reputation of the YVR facility
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf. format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.