Since 1968, Knight Signs has designed, produced and delivered signage solutions for clients in every business and public sector. Today Knight Signs is an industry leader serving retail, wayfinding, hospitality, commercial and institutional clients across Canada. Knight Signs is currently searching for a Project Estimator.
The Project Estimator is responsible for preparing estimates, including manufacturing, labour and installation costs for sales team to secure customer tenders for signs by Knight Signs. This individual supports other departments in understanding labor costs, material variations and unique situations within the sign industry.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering or engineering technology, fabrication or ticketed trade such as carpentry, welding, electrical, etc.
- Estimating certificate or post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing and/or construction environment, with previous experience working on tenders.
- Sound knowledge of estimating practices and manufacturing processes.
- Above average communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to mentor others.
- Possesses strong technical knowledge to enable accurate analysis, detail oriented and results driven.
- Experience with manufacturing processes and machinery, aluminum/steel fabrication and quality assurance systems.
- Willing to research new products, understands contractor application and develops accurate quotes for suppliers.
- Very detail oriented with exceptional analytical ability.
- Proven track record simplifying complex problems.
- Naturally curious, takes initiative, very solution focused.
- A natural collaborator who can adapt to various personality styles, knows how to bring out the best in people.
- Proficiency with MS Office, strength with MS Excel, Quoting or ERP Systems, etc..
- Works collaboratively with others, provides practical information related to estimating.
- Interacts with Sales, Project Management, Production, Purchasing and Installation departments to ensure product/installation estimations meets customer requirements.
- Supports other departments in understanding labor costs, material variations and unique situations within the sign industry.
- Simplifies the estimating process, shares knowledge to help educate others, receives input from team.
- Reviews labor costs, material breakdowns and develops standard estimation models and procedures.
- Analyzes drawings and blueprints to prepare estimates for custom manufacturing including materials, labor costs and installation of signage.
- Reviews artwork and structural/electrical drawings to ensure they are complete with all necessary details.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of costs as well as past and future trends.
- Resolves conflicting information, prepares and delivers accurate quotes on time.
- Sends out quote request to subcontractors for specialized work.
- Prepares tenders to meet deadlines.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf. format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.