The Mainland Construction Materials (MCM) family of companies has been supplying a wide range of high quality construction products and relationship based construction services since 1970.
The head office, all manufacturing facilities, and supply points are located throughout the Greater Vancouver and Lower Mainland of British Columbia. Mainland Construction Materials has helped shape local communities through road building and material supply to residential, commercial, marine, and environmental projects. MCM also supplies high grade aggregates to concrete and asphalt plants, with a wide range of projects ranging from small local jobs to large scale government works.
Mainland Construction Materials is a growing company continually expanding within British Columbia and is currently searching for a Sales Manager.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious, experienced sales leader with strong team building skills. This is a key position responsible for achieving annual sales targets by managing the company’s aggregate sales and marketing efforts. This individual will actively set strategic goals and performance objectives and assist the sales and support team achieve these targets.
- Develop sales strategy and begin implementation, understand existing customer base and potential areas for growth
- Strategizes with the sales team regarding the development of new customer relationships
- Develops a vision and step-by-step plan for implementation, create new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to achieve sales growth
- Grow market share through effective sales techniques and processes
- Support new account development as a result of presentations and meetings with key contacts and decision makers
- Lead the company’s aggregate sales by setting and achieving targets and holding people accountable
- Coach and support sales team, manage the logistics and dispatch team and inspire performance by leading by example
- Recruit and hire new members of the team, foster a collaborative culture that demonstrates integrity and respect
- Take an active role in the safety of the sales team and business as a whole
- Post-secondary degree or relevant experience, supplemented by professional selling skills training and ongoing professional development
- Professional demeanour with an inspiring personality and the ability to communicate effectively about the company brand and overall vision
- A collaborative leader with a proven track record of increasing sales volumes and growing successful teams
- 10 years track record of success showing progressive career experience in key account sales and account management in the construction or mining industry
- 4+ years’ management experience with a track record of superior performance metrics, highly organized with strong time management and process management skills
- Logistics and dispatch experience is an asset
- A creative thinker who brings an entrepreneurial spirit and a “can do” attitude, able to have difficult conversation and can easily adapt communication style depending on situation
- A hands-on sales leader who has experience coaching, motivating and mentoring a sales team, demonstrates strong emotional intelligence
- A team player who consistently leverages talent and expertise within the company for the benefit of all
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite, has exceptional computer skills, experience with ERP systems is an asset
- Demonstrated high standard of ethics and integrity with the proven ability to build trust and respect internally with the company and externally with customers and suppliers
- Willing to assist in the case of an unexpected emergency, always puts safety first
- Open to periodic travel, able to travel to the USA
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or Pdf. format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.