Custom Paper Ltd. is a privately owned, Canadian manufacturer and distributor of paper products. The company began operations in Vancouver, British Columbia in the mid 1960’s, and is the leading Western Canadian manufacturer of cash register rolls, POS, ATM rolls and the only converter in the Pacific Northwest. Custom Paper Ltd. is currently searching for a General Manager.
The General Manager will have autonomy and be responsible for managing the overall operation of Custom Paper Ltd. S/he will report directly to the owner and grow profitability, through daily involvement in accounting, administration, IT, operations and people management. This individual will strive for continuous improvement and modernize internal processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency when required.
- Work directly with the owner to maintain a healthy, positive and engaged work culture
- Through direct involvement ensure superior results in customer service, production, supply chain and administration
- Hold people accountable and provide coaching and training when required
- Maintain a collaborative working culture between the Manager Customer Service and the Plant Manager
- A leader who gains confidence and manages a cohesive small team, works collaboratively, effectively, inspires people to be the best they can be
- Responsible for setting and implementing policies and making decisions that guide productivity, quality, and cost efficiency
- Leads the development and implementation of manufacturing and distribution practices focused on exceptional quality and continuous improvement
- Works with owner to enhance and implement strategy
- 5 – 10 years track record of success showing progressive career experience within a manufacturing and/or distribution environment
- A hands-on leader with 5+ years in a supervisory role, excellent organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills
- A consummate communicator who knows the impact of communication, a natural relationship builder who understands the sales process
- Detail oriented, a CMA designation is an asset
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, and competitive, demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency in executing day-to-day responsibilities
- A proven track record of working autonomously and thriving within a results oriented, hands-on culture, very solution focused
- Solid working knowledge of operations including accounting, administration, human resources, operations and sales
- A team player, who consistently leverages talent and expertise within the company
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, attends to the needs of the customer
- Sound knowledge of small business accounting practices
- Excellent computer skills and superior knowledge of MS Excel, experience with SAP Business One is an asset
- Eligible to travel to the United States
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or Pdf. format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.