Tŝilhqot’in National Government (TNG)
Dandzen Development Corporation is the economic arm of the Tŝilhqot’in National Government (TNG). TNG represents six Tsilhqot’in communities: Tl’esqox, Tl’etinqox, Yunesit’in Government, Tsideldel First Nation, ʔEsdilagh First Nation and Xeni Gwet’in First Nation Government.
The Tŝilhqot’in Nation (TNG) has a vibrant, diversified, sustainable economy supporting Tŝlhqot’in self-determination and self-reliance for the benefit of the Nation, communities, citizens and future generations.
The Dandzen Corporation will achieve its vision as a successful, effective, collaborative corporation that enhances Tŝilhqot’in economic rights and well-being, in accordance with Tŝilhqot’in values.
TNG incorporated the Dandzen Corporation (DC), which is a new Nation-level development corporation to support an effective working relationship with the TNG and all Tsilhqot’in communities to effectively maximize Nation-level economic development opportunities arising from their lands and shared resources. With this goal in mind the Dandzen Development Corporation is currently searching for a General Manager.
The General Manager will assist the Dandzen Board of Directors to evaluate, support, execute and capitalize on Nation-level economic development opportunities that align with the vision, mission and values of its people.
The General Manager is responsible for effectively managing all strategic and operational aspects of the Dandzen Economic Development Corporation’s business interests. The successful candidate will work cooperatively with the Staff, Board, Stakeholders and First Nation’s communities in all aspects of internal and external relationships. This individual will identify and develop future initiatives as well as support and manage current ones. These business initiatives will be sourced locally, regionally nationally and internationally.
- Works with all levels of the organization and communicates effectively with staff members, board members and stakeholders
- A natural relationship builder and collaborator who is able to grow and maintain long-term relationships both internally and externally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- Embraces values that are grounded in language, tradition, land and resource stewardship
- Creates business development strategy and implements plan to develop talent with the goal to building a self-sustaining Nation.
- Leads efforts to build partnerships and strategic relationships, forecasts future needs, innovates and manages existing business opportunities
- Effectively manages all strategic and operational aspects of the organization
- Coordinate service agreements, subcontracts and supporting documentation, successfully negotiates contracts and initiates other business arrangements to achieve objectives
- Genuinely aligns with values and principals of Tŝilhqot’in culture, demonstrates high standard of ethics and integrity
- Proven ability to build trust and respect internally with Staff, Board, Members and externally with local, regional, national, international communities as well as with potential customers and suppliers
- Minimum 5 years experience working with an Indigenous Government; specifically, knowledge of the Tŝilhqot’in culture is an asset
- Proven track record of success with negotiations and history of securing new opportunities
- Engaging demeanour with the ability to communicate effectively and passionately about the overall mission and vision
- Experience operating a business with proven ability to innovate and implement new ideas
- Strong project management and execution skills, with a revenue-generating focus
- Proven track record of experience sourcing business opportunities in clean energy, roads, infrastructure, and IT communications an asset
- Strong analytical skills with knowledge of funding sources and ability to pursue these sources
- Creative thinker who brings an entrepreneurial spirit and a “can do” attitude, who is able to easily adapt communication style depending on situation
- Post-secondary degree is an asset or relevant experience, supplemented by professional selling skills training and ongoing professional development
- Experience with social media and increasing brand awareness is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with CRM systems
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.