First Nations Coordinator
‘Namgis First Nation, Kwikwasut’inuxw/Haxwa’mis First Nation, Mamalilikulla First Nation
Broughton solutions For Finfish Aquaculture Initiative:
This initiative is a ground-breaking government-to-government project with the goal of restoring wild salmon stocks. This project will monitor and ensure an effective transition from open net-pen finfish farming in the Broughton Archipelago.
This is a process undertaken by the Governments of British Columbia, Canada, and the ‘Namgis First Nation, the Kwikwasut’inuxw Haxwa’mis First Nation and Mamalilikulla First Nation, following a letter of understanding (LOU) between the Province and the three First Nations with a focus on the future of Finfish Aquaculture in the Broughton Archipelago. The three Nation governments and the Provincial and Federal Governments have come together to protect wild salmon. The Broughton Solutions for Finfish Aquaculture Initiative is currently searching for a First Nations Coordinator.
The First Nations Coordinator
The First Nations Coordinator will coordinate and support the interests of the represented First Nations in a multi-government, multi-party process to successfully implement the collaborative solutions for finfish Aquaculture in the Broughton area. This individual will work co-operatively, collaboratively and partner with First Nations governments, Provincial and Federal governments and other stakeholders to achieve mutual goals. The successful candidate will build relationships that are based on trust and understand this is the foundation for success and achieving results.
- Works collaboratively with represented governments including ‘Namgis First Nation, Kwikwasut’inuxw/Haxwa’mis First Nation, Mamalilikulla First Nation and the Province, Canada, as well as Mowi & Cermaq
- Proactively plans, establishes priorities and allocates resources, implements the operational plans, ensuring timelines are met
- Monitors and adjusts work to accomplish goals and delivers on the expectations of this initiative, and reports the results to the represented First Nations communities
- Works through the technical working group, related task groups as required by the collaborative implementation forum and steering committee
- Develops proposals, maintains budgets and ensures proper accounting and reporting needs are met
- Develops and maintains data sharing agreements with all stakeholders, executes community information forums
- A transparent communicator who updates the represented First Nations community members on results of the initiative
- Develops a culture of teamwork and cooperation, hires, trains and supports staffing efforts, contractors, and engages other support including academia and NGO’s
- Works with government teams, supports collaboration, has the tenacity and resilience to complete complex tasks
- Diploma or degree related to project management, public administration or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with First Nations communities that supported or implemented scientific field projects
- Proven track record of self-motivation, self-discipline and leads by example with an inner drive to complete tasks without ongoing supervision
- Naturally curious and is genuinely driven by a desire to know more about things, people or issues
- Demonstrated ability to go above and beyond what is required
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with executives and leading organizational change associated with implementation
- Ability to travel to remote First Nations communities by boat and/or plane and support field work on the water as required
- Ability to live on northern Vancouver Island. (Campbell River to Port Hardy)
- Successful completion of security screening, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.