Director of Development – Surrey British Columbia
SOS Children’s Village BC is part of SOS Children’s Villages, the largest non-governmental, non-denominational child development organization in the world. SOS Children’s Villages has existed for 70 years with a presence in 136 countries and 559 Villages, with a seat at the UN to be the voice for the rights of children everywhere.
SOS Children’s Village BC is currently the only Village in Canada and was founded in 1986 as a grassroots response to deficiencies in the provincial foster care system. Foster children are frequently at risk of emotional disturbances, delayed social development, and poor educational performance.
Foster parents who raise these children require ongoing special resources and support. SOS Children’s Village BC enhances the development and healing of foster children with a holistic framework that addresses their physical, social, emotional, and spiritual needs. SOS Children’s Village BC is currently searching for a Director of Development.
Director of Development
The Director of Development is an innovative leader who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children. This individual will have a proven track record for fund raising, bring a good grasp of the industry and a strong network of connections for the purpose of successful strategy implementation. A natural relationship builder, the successful candidate will identify areas of growth and implement “out of the box“ ideas that will contribute to SOS securing consistent and ongoing revenue from individual donors, the corporate community and government grants.
This hands-on leader will have experience leading a team, know how to develop new strategic partnerships and alliances to expand presence and brand awareness of SOS. This person’s goal is to lead a team in creating a multi-facetted strategy that builds a more highly recognized SOS brand in Canada with the ultimate goal to be recognized as a leader within the International SOS community.
A hands-on leader who leads by example and works collaboratively with SOS team
Holds people accountable, provides structure, coordinates and expands fund raising efforts to increase revenue
Brings innovative ideas and passionately grows monthly donor base, increases revenue from the corporate community, builds and grows a diversified donor base
Works with team to creates a marketing plan to attract new donors and grow revenue
Engages potential donors in events that are a reflection of the values and the vision of the SOS community, grows donor base and inspires people to donate
- Post-secondary degree or relevant experience as a fund-raiser and business developer, a natural relationship builder who has presence and a natural ability to build rapport
- Professional demeanour with an inspiring personality and the ability to communicate effectively about the SOS brand and overall vision
- A collaborative leader with a proven track record for increasing revenues
- Experience working with a team of volunteers and understands what it takes to engage and motivate. Knowledge of the retail industry is an asset
- A passionate and inspiring leader who enjoys mentoring people to achieve their potential
- Experience working with clientele who have endured trauma, has deep understanding, compassion and knowledge about what’s in the best interest of these individuals
- Experience tracking new markets and capitalizing on emerging trends, an understanding of First Nation communities
- A visionary with a proven track record of finding new donors, grants and fund raising opportunities
- Demonstrated high standard of ethics and integrity with the proven ability to build trust and respect internally within the organization and externally with existing and potential donors
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through new relationships, ability to innovate
- Experience with event planning, has a creative flare to create memorable events that are a reflection of the values and vision of SOS where guests are moved and inspired to donate.
- Creative thinker who brings an entrepreneurial spirit and a “can do” attitude, able to easily adapt communication style depending on situation]
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with CRM systems
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.