Property Management Compliance Officer – Completed!!
Reporting to and under the direction of the Manager, Compliance, the Property Management Compliance Officer is responsible for the intake of telephone, written, and walk-in inquiries and complaints regarding property management. Together with the Manager, Compliance, and, where necessary, the Deputy Executive Officer, and others engaged in the Accounting and Audit, and Legal Services Departments, the Property Management Compliance Officer is responsible for the investigation and assessment of property management complaints against real estate licensees.
The Property Management Compliance Officer also provides an advisory service for licensees and the general public with respect to rental property management and strata management issues.
Duties Related to Compliance
- Receive and respond to telephone, written, and walk-in inquiries and communicate to the public and to licensees the role of the Real Estate Council with respect to the complaints process, including alternative sources of assistance and information.
Property Management Complaints Intake
- Receive and respond to telephone, written, and walk-in complaints regarding property management services.
Property Management Complaints Investigation
- Review and analyse complaints regarding property management services to determine whether the complaint falls within the Real Estate Council’s jurisdiction and whether they disclose evidence of any breach of the Real Estate Services Act, Regulations, Bylaws or Rules warranting further investigation.
- Attempt to resolve, through informal mediation or enlisting further assistance, those complaints that may be appropriately dealt with through informal resolution.
- Investigate complaints by obtaining further information from respondents and complainants, other witnesses, third parties, and other agencies.
- Assess all information collected concerning complaints to determine whether evidence supports a finding of a breach of the Real Estate Services Act, Regulations, Bylaws or Rules.
- Advise complainants and respondents on the complaints process and licensee responsibility issues generally, and on the progress and outcome of investigations specifically.
- Prepare summaries relating to complaint files that are administratively closed for the review and approval of the Deputy Executive Officer or Executive Officer.
- Prepare summaries relating to complaints for consideration by the Complaints Committee.
- Attend meetings of the Complaints Committee.
- Correspond with complainants and licensees with respect to the disposition of complaints.
- Respond to queries from licensees relating to the requirements of the Real Estate Services Act, Regulations, Bylaws, or Rules, industry practices and the Real Estate Council’s complaints and discipline processes.
Administrative and Miscellaneous
- With the assistance of the Compliance Coordinator and the Compliance Assistants, organize, investigate and maintain assigned complaint files, in a timely manner, in accordance with established procedures.
Duties Related to Rental Property and Strata Management Advisory Service
- Provide information, verbally and in writing, with respect to rental property management and strata property management issues.
- Respond to inquiries from Real Estate Council staff, licensees and the public about the Real Estate Services Act as it relates to property management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Compliance or the Deputy Executive Officer.
Skills and Qualifications
- Commitment to providing quality service.
- Effective organizational abilities in personal work routines and an ability to handle diverse situations as they arise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Effective file management.
- Excellent interpersonal and resolution skills.
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills.
- Broad working knowledge of legislation and business practice related to rental property management and strata property management, in particular the Real Estate Services Act, the Residential Tenancy Act, the Commercial Tenancy Act, the Homeowner Protection Act, and the Strata Property Act.
- Post Secondary Degree/Diploma or relevant work experience required.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.
Michael O’Brien – email@example.com – 604 684-2288
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604 684-2288