Kobelt Manufacturing is a premier manufacturer of quality marine engine controls, electric over hydraulic steering systems, shaft brakes, deck machinery controls and industrial disc brakes used around the globe in all sizes of pleasure craft, work boats, public service vessels, oil rigs, wind turbines, aerospace and mining industries. The company’s 50 years of success can be attributed to a commitment of maintaining the highest standards for quality and workmanship.
The Shipper/Receiver is a key member of Kobelt’s team and will be responsible for the logistical and shipping functions for the company, involving all materials, supplies, raw and finished product coming in and going out to vendors, outside processors, clients and the company’s own warehouse. Shipping & Receiving of all goods; Inventory management and control; transportation and logistical management and the preparation of all necessary records and paperwork. Responsible for accuracy of the shipping documentation and verifying shipping with the sales orders.
- Reporting to the Lead Hand, this individual will assist with the planning, coordinating, managing, controlling and activities related to the shipping, receiving.
- Facilitate outside process, storage, and inventory movement of all materials, supplies, and services necessary to the operation, in meeting customer service commitments and other operational goals.
- Ensure that finished products and parts are shipped and delivered to customers within the time frames and prices scheduled and quoted for KOBELT.
- Complete and file all required paperwork including but not limited to cargo manifests, commercial invoices, packing slips, letters of credit, and country of origin and NAFTA certificates using KOBELT and third party software or by manual means when necessary.
- Prioritize, assign, delegate and supervise daily shipping & receiving schedules, and other activities as required.
- Provide shipping quotes to sales staff as required. Make recommendations on best means of transport as required.
- Negotiate, manage and maintain all shipping trade lanes and modes of transportation to ensure that KOBELT and KOBELT customers are getting the best prices and value for service.
- Coordinate, build, strengthen and maintain relationships with KOBELT transportation, logistics and brokerage service providers.
- Assist with managing and resolving all damaged inbound and outbound freight claims.
- Coordinate and facilitate the transportation of KOBELT trade shows.
- 3 to 7 years progressive experience in shipping, receiving, and logistics
- Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Must possess solid organizational skills, strong attention to detail with a strong and professional work ethic
- Practical experience with a Materials Resource Planning (MRP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Experience within a lean certified manufacturing environment an asset.
- Ability to think outside the box and promote continuous improvement
- Extreme attention to detail
- High level of organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, creative, business minded
- Cost control and monitoring to budget
- Deadline oriented and the ability to work under pressure
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Judy Norraine or Adrienne Giffen.
Judy Norraine – email@example.com – 778.565.1885
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023