Director of Sales and Marketing
The Company is a leading Canadian wholesale textile distributor; the mission of this role is to grow sales through the established salesforce and other strategic initiatives. For over 35 years, our client has represented some of the best fabric companies in the world. This privately owned, thirty employee business in the hobby & craft industry is financially sound, growing and looking for a senior leader to help facilitate business growth to the next level.
Located in Port Coquitlam, our client is searching for a Director of Sales and Marketing. Working with senior management and the owner, the successful candidate will take a hands-on approach to build volume in each of the geographical territories across Canada as well as develop/refine and implement new strategies for continued growth.
- Be the “point-person” on the team to execute a multi-year strategic marketing & communications plan centering on marketing, branding, e-commerce & special events that grows a measurable community of loyal retailers and consumers.
- Build working relationships with members of the internal and external teams such as accounting, IT, operations, designers, suppliers and industry influencers.
- Oversee day-to-day merchandising, marketing and branding; implement these initiatives in a strategic and consistent fashion.
- Gain industry knowledge to strategically identify trends.
- Through direct involvement, optimize promotional event management.
- Facilitate logistics associated with event management and promotional events.
- Increase sales with existing sales team and increase market share in each territory.
- Expand the product line by introducing new products and initiatives to increase sales.
- In partnership with the General Manager take ownership and accountability for any excess inventory.
- Develop initiatives to proactively move product in-line with the strategic marketing and communications plan and the company’s brand.
- Effectively oversee customer service, always having a finger on the pulse of key aspects of the business.
- Post-secondary degree, supplemented by professional selling skills and current marketing training. A business education with focus on marketing & communications is preferred.
- 5-8 years track record of success showing progressive career experience.
- Professional demeanour with an infectious personality and the ability to communicate excitement about the company brand and overall vision.
- A proven track record of strategically expanding sales utilizing various means such as product expansion, sales force management, communications, branding, social media and trade shows.
- Familiar with facilitating the logistics of event management.
- Has successfully utilized social media and e-commerce websites as part of a strategic plan.
- Brings creative thinking, an entrepreneurial spirit and a “can do” attitude, able to easily adapt communication style depending on situation.
- Creates new and innovative merchandizing and marketing strategies.
- Experience marketing and selling as a wholesaler.
- Adept at creating B2B and B2C digital content, proficient with current social media platforms.
- A hands-on sales leader who has experience coaching, motivating and mentoring a sales team.
- A team player who consistently leverages talent and expertise within the company for the benefit of all.
- Able to travel periodically and manage oneself in and out of an office environment.
- A consummate communicator, understands impact of communications in a variety of settings, and leverages communication skills for success.
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, competitive, self-motivated, goal oriented, demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency in executing day-to-day responsibilities.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf. format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.