BW Creative Railing Systems is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of railing systems. Since 1974 the company has designed, engineered, tested, and manufactured, high quality railings for both single family and multifamily/commercial markets. The team at BW Creative Railing Systems has built a solid reputation on the core values of safety, trust, integrity, respect and fairness. The team is the best in the industry, made up of passionate, driven professionals, with a “can do attitude” who are focused on driving simplicity into all the railing systems. BW Creative Railing Systems is searching for a Sales Representative.
The Sales Representative will be located at BW Creative head office in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. This individual will call on and build trusting relationships with existing and new Big Box/Independent building material retail stores in various locations across Canada and the United States.
- Work with the BW Creative head office team to learn about products, processes and culture
- Understand and learn to speak with confidence on the unique value proposition of the BWC product line
- Build strong working relationships with members of the BW Creative teams such as production, operations, accounting, and finance
- Build a strategy with the National Sales Manager and President to develop new accounts within established territories
- Gain a complete understanding of the customers’ needs and strategize to maximize the sales potential within each account
- Grow relationships with the customers and distribution representatives, be attentive and proactive throughout the sales process and respond in a timely, professional manner.
- Conduct market research to assess the competitive marketplace and trends
- Maximize market presence for the company, attends industry events, raise awareness of the company brand
- Post-secondary diploma or degree is required
- 2-3 years selling in the building materials/construction industry
- Able to travel extensively and manage oneself in an out of office environment
- A consummate communicator and presenter; understands impact of communications in a variety of settings, and leverages skills for success
- Has the drive and aptitude to be a sales leader
- Brings creative thinking and a “can do” attitude to negotiating the best solution for the customer and BWC
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, and competitive, demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency in executing day-to-day responsibilities
- Strong negotiation and follow up skills; attends to the details of the customer’s requirements and ensure completeness of contracts, agreements and delivery
- Communicates well internally; knows how to leverage talent and expertise within the company for the benefit of all
- Eligible for a Nexus card
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf. format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.