Director of Finance
Trend-Tex is a leading Canadian wholesale distributor to the quilting and fabric industry. For over 35 years Trend-Tex has represented some of the best fabric companies in the world. Located in Port Coquitlam, the privately owned, thirty-employee company is financially sound and growing. Trend-Tex is currently searching for a Director of Finance.
The successful candidate will be a key leader in the daily operation of the business and provide analytical support across the company with an eye on creating business value. S/he leads the company’s finance department and plays a key role in achieving long-term goals, developing and monitoring key performance metrics and analyzing various initiatives. A hands-on role, this individual will be strongly relied upon to directly influence the overall strategy and direction of the company while effectively executing daily operating activities. The successful candidate will be involved in multiple businesses as well as future acquisitions with potential for advancement to CFO or President.
- A dynamic leader who successfully inspires the team to internalize the vision and business direction.
- Effectively supervises and guides office staff that includes four to six direct reports.
- Attends and participates in strategic planning sessions, develops and implements execution plans.
- Proactively and collaboratively works with the sales and marketing staff to ensure an appropriate balance between customer service and credit/financial risk to the company.
- Proactively guides and monitors strategic initiatives, accesses company financials, makes recommendations.
- Establishes performance metrics, identifies areas for improvement, and develops recommendations that support the company’s strategic plan.
- In partnership with the owner, re-establishes and implements short and long-range policies and operating procedures to meet the company’s goals and objectives.
- Resolves IT issues, is the “go-to” person for third-party IT providers.
- In conjunction with the owner, monitors key performance metrics.
- Oversees daily financial management of the company including the monitoring of accounts- receivable, accounts payable and administrative staff.
- Maintains accurate record keeping of all human resource functions including benefits, vacation and compensation, is trusted to keep employee information confidential.
- Continually monitors internal and external information to proactively identify areas of weakness or opportunity.
- 5+ years of accounting/finance experience, CPA, MBA or equivalent with demonstrated business acumen.
- The ability to effectively manage both professional third party service providers and internal hourly administration staff.
- Entrepreneurial with strong emotional intelligence,
- Solutions oriented with proven track record of understanding people, works well with various personality types.
- Advanced financial knowledge with a strong understanding of practices and procedures necessary to effectively control financial outcomes, including the ability to develop budgets, forecasts and performance reports.
- Experience working in a small entrepreneurial business environment, with a willingness to take a hands-on approach to daily activities.
- Experience working in the distribution business is an asset.
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and detail oriented, a self-motivated high achiever.
- Ability to develop new skills, multi-task and take on special projects.
- Experience building and adapting defined systems, processes and procedures within a company.
- Demonstrated ability working with technology.
- Familiarity with SAP Business One is an asset, knowledge of standard computer software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft excel with proven ability to intuitively identify pertinent information.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.