Since 1968, Knight Signs has been a leading National Sign company serving retail, commercial and institutional clients with handcrafted exterior, interior and custom architectural signage. Knight Signs is known for reliability, creativity, and adding value to customers and is currently looking for an Office Manager to join this award winning, multi-disciplinary team. This individual will report directly to the President/COO.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, have a strong interest in HR Management and able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an entrepreneurial company comprised of people with diverse personalities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conserves President/COO’s time by collecting, analyzing and executing on information
- Contributes to increased efficiency and effectiveness by supporting the President/COO
- Champions and manages the HR functions within the company
- Builds an HR framework that includes a performance evaluation and training plan
- Maintains appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel
- Keeps the Executive team informed, drafts letters and correspondence, prepares presentations
- Listens well and has the emotional intelligence to prioritize issues
- Manages relationships with employees, managers, vendors and service providers
- Speaks with these individuals in person or on the telephone and answers or directs inquiries
- Collects information, attends meetings and summarizes in preparation for discussion with the President/COO
- Represents the President/COO by attending meetings in his absence, speaks on his behalf, a liaison between President/COO and staff members
- Develops the process for matrix based performance evaluations
- Ensures all the performance evaluations are scheduled and implemented
- Provides support to managers during the performance evaluations
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Ensures personnel files are up to date and secure
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Ensures utmost confidentiality is maintained with regard to financial matters
- Post secondary school education with 5+ years proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Depth of life experience, interest in HR Management is a must
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sound decision-making skills
- A solution based problem-solver by nature
- Above average energy with a desire to take on new challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Understands safety policies and administration
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong computer and internet research skills, proficient in MS Office
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.