Foundation Board Director and Treasurer
Chimp (charitable + impact) is a purpose-driven, Vancouver-based organization with deep roots in the charitable and tech sectors. Part fin-tech and part social network, Chimp works for donors, whose experience of participating in charity is muddled today. Our ambition is to empower people to act intentionally on making the change they want to see in the world. After all, everyone has something to give.
At the core of Chimp is the Chimp Account that acts like a bank account for charity. Account tools enable donors to better manage, understand, and amplify their giving. With money in your Chimp Account, you can easily and securely give to and raise money for any Canadian charity, when and how you want, and all in one place.
Chimp is a community of engaged donors where people and businesses connect with the charities and causes that matter most to them to create impact. To date, more than $125 million in charitable donations has been tax receipted and processed through Chimp.
Chimp is searching for a Foundation Board Director and Treasurer who will report to the Chimp Foundation Chair and be responsible for shepherding the financial strategy and policy. This individual will advise on what instruments to invest in, and be engaged in arranging funding and managing risks in the organization. The responsibilities will ensure the organization has the cash and liquidity to meet its’ obligations, and will oversee the detailed accounting of all funds including property, taxation and insurance. The Treasurer will communicate with the Board regularly and play a vital role in maintaining and improving the financial standing of the organization.
- Attend all Board meetings both in-person and remotely several times throughout the year
- Ensure the Board understands its financial obligations, educate and advise Board on financial matters when necessary
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and commitment to its goals and objectives
- Monitor the Board’s action related to the Board’s financial responsibilities
- Oversee the financial administration, review procedures and financial reports
- Find solutions to new financial and industry trends, evaluate the impact of new business ventures and analyze the impact of financial markets on the performance of products and services
- Undertake risk management and risk mitigation activities to protect the organizations’ well being
- Understand financial accounting with a working knowledge of the laws governing Chimp’s operations
- Work with the CEO to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis
- Dedicated to the Chimp movement and engaged with the community to raise awareness, liaise with stakeholders, maintain positive working relationships
- Positively impact the perceptions of funders and potential donors and respected businesses/individuals regarding Chimp’s professionalism and trustworthiness
- Work well in a team, be sensitive to the views of others, a natural intuitive collaborator
- Demonstrate integrity, credibility and passion for improving the lives of Chimp’s stakeholders and beneficiaries
The Key Criteria/Requirements:
- Comprehends the nuances of the Chimp funding model and Chimp Technology Collective
- Genuinely aligned with Chimp’s mission and vision
- Demonstrated experience serving nonprofit and/or for profit Boards
- Possesses a professional finance or financial markets designation
- Experience in Global Capital markets
- Understands nonprofit environment and role of regulation and boundaries within the regulation
- A leader in his/her field, connected within a community
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with the ability to “learn as we go”
- An active, contributing participant who is organized, detail oriented with a willingness to ask questions
- A high degree of self-confidence with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain complex financial issues
- Engaged and accountable for documentation and fiscal control
- A trusted advisor who is developing and implementing strategic plans
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on “Topgrading”, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf. in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.