Vice President Operations
Buron Healthcare Ltd. develops residential care facilities throughout British Columbia. They are committed to providing the best home possible for residents. Their facilities are designed to be homelike, safe, innovative, efficient and environmentally responsible. Buron provides care services to 130 seniors at Simon Fraser Lodge in Prince George, B.C.and 152 seniors at Haven Hill Retirement Centre in Penticton, B.C. Our client is looking for a Vice President of Operations for the Prince George and Penticton Properties.
- Managing and administering the facility in conformance with all legislative, regulatory and the company requirements
- Work with BC Ministry of Health and local health authorities regarding residential care facility operations
- Experience related to the accreditation process
- Experience and a history of success in preparing RFPs to the BC Health Authorities to build and operate new long term care beds/facilities in BC
- Experience in long-term care, labour relations, health and safety – will work with a Labour Relations Consultant when negotiating the collective bargaining agreement
- Will maintain community care licenses
- Development of the facility annual operating and capital budgets and ensuring conformance to approved budgets;
- Supporting managers to make appropriate contact with civic groups, area physicians and other community resources in order to maximize the availability of potential residents, develop a client waiting list and ensure a sense of community within the Facility;
- Liaising with hospital, medical staff, community and health care disciplines to ensure that the most effective level of support is provided;
- Developing an effective safety program which includes maintenance of current safe job procedures and a hazard observation program;
- Ensuring staffing levels are adequate, and assisting with the recruitment, selection and training of staff;
- Achieving and maintaining 100% occupancy;
- Keeping current with applicable legislative changes and market trends; and
- Providing a safe environment for residents and staff and to positively affect the health, comfort and moral of residents, staff and visitors.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in health sciences, business management or related field
- Certified in Long Term Care (CLTC) designation a definite asset
- Experience in long-term care, labour relations within the province of British Columbia
- Five (5) years’ recent related experience, including two (2) years in a senior operational leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Effective communicator, trouble shooter, team player and an independent self-starter
- Builds productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Focused on residents care, patient, considerate and empathetic.
- Gerontology background, you’ve worked in long term care residences. You understand how they run, the dynamics of this special world.
- Skilled in conflict resolution, negotiation and development of policies and procedures
If you are an experienced, organized leader who is passionate about making a positive difference to our residents’ well-being, we’d like to hear from you.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.