Vice President Finance and Operations
Since 1913 the Brooks Corning Company has provided office furniture and business interior solutions to Greater Vancouver, and the province of British Columbia. Brooks Corning is a preferred dealer of Haworth Inc., one of the worlds’ largest furniture manufacturers, regarded for its cutting edge design and technological advances in the industry and is routinely recognized in the top 10% of dealers in North America. Brooks Corning’s success is due to the high standard that lead to a high level of customer satisfaction. Brooks Corning is searching for a Vice President Finance and Operations.
The Vice President Finance and Operations will act as a business partner to the President. This individual will oversee the execution on all client projects and provide analytical support across the company to create business value. The successful candidate also leads the company’s finance department and play a key role in financial planning processes, including budgeting, long-term forecasting, developing and monitoring key performance metrics and analysis of various initiatives and investment decisions.
- Lead the company’s operations including developing the operational team that manages projects, delivers solutions, and handles warehousing and inventory.
- Establish performance metrics, identify areas for improvement, and develop recommendations that support the company’s strategic plan
- Oversee the financial reporting systems, guide and monitor strategic corporate initiatives.
- Intuitively have a handle on all the numbers, build confidence that results in no need to “second guess”.
- Develop and monitor the company’s key performance metrics.
- Control operations and operational standards for all projects.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures pertaining to warehouse management, project management and scheduled service delivery and installation.
- Successfully inspire the team to internalize the vision and business direction and use these concepts effectively to help run departments.
- Review the dashboard and reports on relevant changes in financial metrics.
- Develop short and long-term HR requirement plans.
- Develop and execute recruiting, on-boarding, and employee career development systems.
- CPA, MBA or equivalent experience with leadership and mentorship ability.
- 5+ years senior experience preparing strategic, financial and business analysis.
- Experience with capital management, budgeting and cost controls.
- Advanced financial knowledge with a strong understanding of practices and procedures necessary to effectively control financial outcomes, including the ability to develop budgets, forecasts and performance reports.
- Operations management in a small entrepreneurial business environment, experience working in the distribution and services business.
- Short and long-term HR requirement plan development, including recruiting, on-boarding and employee career development systems.
- Advanced business acumen with proven knowledge of analytics and financial modelling.
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and detail oriented.
- Entrepreneurial with strong emotional intelligence, solutions oriented, understands people.
- Experience building and adapting defined systems, processes and procedures within a company.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and similar applications.
- Ability to prepare and make comprehensive presentations, participate in formal debates and communicate professionally before an audience.
- Knowledge of standard computer software including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and financial applications. (QuickBooks, Sage, Microsoft GP, etc.)
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.