Senior Sales Representative
Mainland Sand & Gravel ULC is owned by Summit Materials, a publically traded heavy-side building materials business, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Mainland Sand & Gravel supplies all sizes and grades of crushed stone, sand, gravel, river sand and rip rap for the construction industry throughout the Lower Mainland.
Mainland Sand & Gravel supplies aggregates to a broad spectrum of the construction industry covering everything from one load of sand for a backyard repair to over a million tons of base gravels to build the South Fraser Perimeter Road. Mainland Sand & Gravel is searching for a Senior Sales Representative who will grow business in the Lower Mainland.
The Senior Sales Representative will be based at the head-office in Surrey and report to the Sales Manager. Primary responsibilities include relationship building with existing and new customers, creating and following-up on quotations/bids and gathering market intelligence. This individual will oversee inventory management, liaise with production and represent the company at events, conferences and/or seminars. In addition the Senior Sales Representative will:
- Accept and adapt to the safety-first culture
- Integrate into the company, align with corporate goals, culture and business philosophy
- Work with existing customers as well as identify opportunities for new business
- Effectively forecast demand and track industry trends
- Execute on the sales strategy and grow market share through effective sales techniques and processes
- Gain a complete understanding of the customers’ needs and strategy to maximize sales potential
- Maintain all customer communications and build strong long-term relationships
- Ensure pricing and product mix meet the revenue and profitability targets
- Manage/oversee the full sales process, bid/obtain the sale, ensure product requirements and delivery schedules are met and troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
- Post-secondary degree in business or related field preferred, supplemented by professional selling skills training and ongoing professional development
- 5 years track record of success showing progressive career experience in key account sales and account management in the construction or mining industry
- Proven track record creating/building lasting relationships with both existing and new customers.
- Has the unique ability to be both a team player and work independently
- A “hunter” by nature with a proven track record of generating new business
- Experience increasing market share for the relevant geographical area of responsibility.
- Ability to gather and understand relevant market data related to aggregate sales within a geographical area of responsibility.
- Solid understanding of freight and logistics
- A consummate communicator and presenter; understands impact of communications in a variety of settings, and leverages skills for success
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, and competitive, demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency in executing day-to-day responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation and follow up skills; attends to the details of the customer’s requirements
- Strong computer skills as well as excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.