Business Opportunity – Specialty Contact Lens Practice
Ted Littlewood is selling CLA Contact Lens Technicians Ltd
Since 1970, the Opticians at CLA Contact Lens Technicians Ltd in Port Moody, British Columbia have been providing complete contact lens and eyewear solutions for all types of eye conditions. The owner, Ted Littlewood, is one of the very few contact lens fitters in the Lower Mainland that can resolve issues with hard to fit corneas. Although he does not personally diagnose eye conditions, clients are referred to him from all over the Lower Mainland for their treatment.
CLA has developed excellent rapport with the majority of Ophthalmologists, Optometrists and Opticians in Western Canada. CLA is a specialty practice that focuses on fitting the more difficult to patients. Examples include but not limited to: patients with keratoconus, keratoplasty (grafts), post laser/lasik changes, injuries, aphakia and cross-linking procedures.
- Must be an Ophthalmologist, Optometrist, or an Optician/Contact Lens Fitter
- Minimum 5 years of contact lens patient care experience
- Interest and ability to purchase CLA over a period of time
- Effective interpersonal skills/management experience an asset – a team player
- Excellent understanding and respect for patient care
- Experience and or desire to learn specialty contact lens fitting for post lasik, laser, post graft, KC lenses for keratoconus, pre-cataract surgery workups
- The majority of CLA specialty business can be billed through BC Medical
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well with the general public and other staff.
- Fitting, adjustments and dispensing contact lenses and eye glasses
- Learn the specialty practice that focuses on fitting the more difficult to fit patients
- Begin to transition the trust and relationships of CLA patients
- Add new patients to the CLA practice – objective is to double the practice
- Continue to build relationships and the trust of Ophthalmologists, Opticians and Optometrists in the province of BC to provide a special service for the hard to fit patient.
- Share in the management of the practice
- Profit and loss responsibilities
- Be available to work clinical hours
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.
Michael O’Brien – email@example.com – 604.760.7649
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.684.2288