Manager of Infrastructure Planning
The City of Port Coquitlam is a rapidly growing urban municipality of over 57,000 residents, located in the northeast section of the Lower Mainland. The City is distinguished by a strong sense of community pride and commitment to building an organization where employees feel they belong, willingly work hard and can see the contribution they are making in the community.
If you are looking to be become an integral member of a dedicated and energetic management team, possess a solid understanding of municipal engineering principles and are committed to excellent customer service, then this position may well be right for you. Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Operations, The Manager of Infrastructure Planning will have a passion for municipal infrastructure, including water systems, sanitary sewers and drainage systems, transportation networks as well as a strong background in staff development, mentoring and coaching.
- Responsible for divisional capital and operating programs.
- Responsible for long range planning of the City’s infrastructure, including water, sewer, drainage, and transportation network.
- Manage the City’s infrastructure related assessments and projects and provide input on behalf of the City on projects led by other agencies.
- Liaise with external professional consultants.
- Arrange and/or attend meetings with developer applicants, stakeholders and members of Council, general public, and other agencies to ensure the City’s local and regional infrastructure needs are being met and to address or solve infrastructure challenges.
- Prepare and present reports to the public and Mayor and Council.
- Engage colleagues and employees in decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning for self and support the development and growth of employees.
- Hold self, colleagues and employees accountable for their performance and behavior.
- Find ways to understand the needs of customers and factor these needs into service.
- Create a fun, creative, positive work environment.
- Develop processes and programs that identify and capitalize on opportunities for improvement.
- View and conduct yourself as a City employee, not and engineering department employees.
- Know what is going on in the city and who provides what services.
- A university degree in Civil Engineering.
- Five years’ experience working in or with municipal engineering departments.
- Experience and practical knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques and equipment used in municipal engineering.
- Registration (or eligibility for registration) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia.
- Experience in the preparation of technical reports and presentations for a variety of audiences including Mayor and Council and the public.
- Prior Management experience is an asset.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- A commitment to excellent customer service, continuous improvement and life-long learning.
- A team player with a strong work ethic.
- A sense of humour.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.
Michael O’Brien – email@example.com – 604.760.7649
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.684.2288
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those that we wish to interview.