Creative Art Director – Wayfinding and Architectural Signage Solutions
Since 1968, Knight Signs has worked closely with Canada’s leading Architects, Retailers, Designers serving retail, commercial, construction and institutional clients with handcrafted wayfinding, exterior, interior and custom signage.
The Creative Art Director will manage a small team providing leadership and design lighting images to the sales and production teams, participate in the sales visioning and sign production process to produce exciting and innovative signage. The Creative Art Director will also oversee conceptual art renderings and production designs for signage and have responsibility for balancing and managing the teams’ work load to meet tight client and manufacturing deadlines. This role will also work closely with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure designs are technically and aesthetically accurate.
- Works with team to develop, create and innovate ideas to achieve a consistent marketing and brand identity for the client.
- Works with Project Managers, Production Managers and Technical Department as key points of contact for managing work schedules and deliverables.
- Manages outsourcing.
- Uses creative expertise to interpret a client’s vision to make it a tangible and deliverable product.
- Monitors the development of defined and conceptual art.
- Directs design ideas from meeting room to drawing board to finished product.
- Keeps up with the latest trends in technology.
- Liaises with technical, production, sales people and engineers.
- Works with internal teams to extend interactive solutions in order to manage complex large scale projects strategically.
- Maintains communication with sales department to ensure client satisfaction.
- Resolves sales concerns or issues promptly and respectfully.
- Assigns and delegates tasks to artists, graphic designers, sub-contractors and engineers.
- Monitors workflows and communicates timelines and project turn around schedules.
- 5-7 years creative and industrial design experience within a manufacturing environment.
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field is preferred.
- Proven computer skills with Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office Suite (Word, Excel & Access)
- Experience working with technical drawings software such as AutoCAD, Solid Works, Inventor or other engineering design software.
- Experience with institutional clients and expertise in Wayfinding an asset.
- Experience developing successful concepts working in collaborative multi-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to articulate ideas and instill confidence and trust.
- Experience in prioritizing work and managing timelines and deadlines.
- Action oriented self-starter who is reliable, full of energy, and enjoys challenges.
- Ability to leverage design and technical skills and adapt to existing programs and plans.
- Understands direction based on objectives and executes creative work effectively.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Adrienne Giffen.
Michael O’Brien – email@example.com – 604 684-2288
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604 209-8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those that we wish to interview.