Business Development Executive – Toronto
NEC Canada is a leading technology provider of strategic Business Technology solutions, serving small-to-medium business, large enterprise and carrier clients across multiple vertical industries. NEC Canada provides its customers greater access to a rich portfolio of technology and professional services, enhanced opportunities and competitive solutions.
Effective companies are built on the vision of an agile and collaborative organization that leverage technology to meet business objectives. As the Canadian subsidiary of NEC Corporation, NEC Canada leverages NEC’s global network of resources and experience to help customers achieve a competitive edge. NEC Canada offers its clients direct access to market-leading technologies and resources, ranging from server and storage solutions to IP voice and data solutions, biometric identification, optical network and microwave radio communications solutions.
Fulfilling customer needs through comprehensive and innovative Technology solutions is central to NEC’s mission.
The Business Development Executive sells NEC Applications, Software centric communications solutions and other NEC offerings to large Enterprise Accounts within an assigned geographic territory. The Business Development Executive will be responsible for negotiating pricing and other contractual details for review and approval by the Director of Sales.
- Responsible for development and execution of regional business plans and strategies leading to achievement of regional sales quota.
- Develops net new client and maximize sales potential to existing clients
- Prepares/conducts sales presentations to end users.
- Manages/coordinates account activities including contract negotiations for long term support contracts for net new accounts.
- Completes purchase orders, contracts, special bid requests and related paperwork necessary to close sales.
- Prepares weekly sales forecasts/projections.
- Acts as liaison between client and NEC and affiliates to resolve problems, confirm or follow-up on delivery/installation dates, etc.
- Attends trade shows as directed, participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in Business to Business sales environment
- Experience selling professional services, applications for a VAR or Manufacturer
- Understanding of IP networking technologies, IP telephony or Software Centric Communications platforms.
- Well developed communication and presentation Skills
- Track record of success in building and enhancing relationships
- Capability to forecast and track account management activity and provide pipeline reports for monthly sales meetings.
- Results motivated self –starter who possesses a hunter mentality prospecting for and closing new business
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business Administration/Marketing or the equivalent
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading professional recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.
Michael O’Brien e: email@example.com
Bob Murray e: firstname.lastname@example.org