Director of Human Resources
Maple Ridge – right time, right place for you. Improved access via the new Golden Ears and Pitt River bridges; some of the most affordable property in the region and; outstanding recreation, arts and cultural opportunities are the key drivers of the expansion of the community’s population and employment base. The dynamism of the community translates into an enthusiastic, responsive local government that provides terrific opportunities for personal and career growth:
Reporting to the CAO, the Director of Human Resources will assume a key senior management role and will work collaboratively with others to establish and implement both strategic and business plans to move the District toward achieving its HR objectives. The Director will provide human resources leadership throughout the entire organization and as the subject matter expert on HR policies, best practices, privacy and compliance be a critical resource to other senior staff and managers as they seek counsel and advice on how to improve their own departments and people. As Director, you will lead in the creation and implementation of a wide range of programs including skills training, management and leadership development. Having experience in a public sector environment you will have comprehensive knowledge of employment law and best practices in a unionized environment and have demonstrated the ability to maintain a positive corporate environment, foster excellent staff relations and promote a safe, enjoyable and harmonious work place.
To be considered for this role your qualifications should include:
- Minimum four year degree in Human resources, business administration or a related field
- CHRP designation is considered to be an asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the law relating to employment standards, privacy, WCB, Human Rights Code, collective agreement administration and labour relations
- Experience with and a strong understanding of recruitment processes and employee retention strategies
- A minimum of five years of progressively increasing responsibility including staff supervision
- Strong communication skills in dealing with both staff and the public
- A high degree of comfort with the use of all manner of technology
- Experience leading the creation and implementation of various organizational development programs including skills training and management and leadership development
- Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity, objectivity, confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism when handling all personnel related issues .
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you posess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite to provide a cover letter and résume in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.
Michael O’Brien e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Murray e: email@example.com