The Real Estate Council of British Columbia (RECBC) is a regulatory agency established by the provincial government in 1958. Its mandate is to protect the public interest by enforcing the licensing and licensee conduct requirements of the Real Estate Services Act. The Council is responsible for licensing individuals and brokerages engaged in real estate sales, rental and strata property management. The Council also enforces entry qualifications, investigates complaints against licensees and imposes disciplinary sanctions under the Act.
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Officer, the Communications Officer plans, coordinates and evaluates internal and external communications that engage and inform the Council’s stakeholders and the public. This position also provides support to the management team in strategic planning; industry, government and public relations; policy research and coordination of special projects and events. The Communications Officer must manage relationships and exercise good judgment in a busy work environment that demands both professionalism and responsiveness to key stakeholders.
- Develops the Council’s communication plan and leads the implementation of communication strategies.
- Advises management and the Council with respect to communication issues, strategies, opportunities, and questions, and recommends courses of action.
- Oversees compilation, writing, editing, and production of internal and external communications such as Report from Council newsletter, the Professional Standards Manual, the Brokerage Standards Manual, News Bulletins, the Council website, and Council’s consumer brochures such as Buying a Home in BC, Selling a Home in BC, Working with a Strata Management Company, Complaint and Discipline Procedures.
- Ensures all Council publications are consistent with Council’s objectives and the communication plan.
- Acts as media contact and, when appropriate, spokesperson; manages media relations, develops and distributes news releases, and maintains positive relations with media contacts.
- Develops and maintains strong day-to-day working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Must have a post-secondary degree/diploma in communications or public relations.
- Must have several years’ experience in a variety of public relations disciplines.
- Experience and expertise in editing, production coordination, communication strategy and planning skills.
- Commitment to providing quality service to all manner of stakeholders.
- Effective organizational abilities in personal work routines combined with an ability to handle diverse situations as they arise.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communications skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in web editing software and blog applications such as WordPress and Microsoft Office.
- Strong internet research skills.
- Good understanding of provincial and federal legislative processes.
- Experience in the real estate industry and/or in association management an asset.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.
Michael O’Brien – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604 684-2288
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604 684-2288