Founded in 1974, Motrux is a distinguished deck carrier with an established reputation for exceptional service and operational expertise. They enjoy a history of excellence and quality in the transportation business. They have evolved from a contract carrier, servicing limited accounts in Western Canada, to a contract and for-hire trucking company servicing a variety of industries throughout North America. With an experienced fleet of Step Decks, Super B Trains, Drop Decks and Quads, Motrux is capable of moving anything, anywhere in North America. They are skilled in handling the unique transportation requirements of specialized, challenging, complex and high-value cargo.
Our client’s goal is to provide superior transportation services to their customers, as efficiently as possible, while maintaining unprecedented service and reliability. As Fleet Manager at Motrux, you fill a vital role in meeting and exceeding this goal by your active participation in the daily front line operations. This position requires a forward thinking highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced environment under tight deadline pressures. You must be a proven leader with the ability to take your career to the next level and impact the future growth of the company.
- Provide transportation specialty expertise within a full truckload environment.
- Provide specific knowledge of flatbed, oversized/super loads, and other related specialty equipment along with a keen understanding of overall freight movement.
- Responsible for educating/guiding operators on the bigger picture, thought processes, and meeting their targets.
- Responsible for managing operators expectations as they relate to the possible variables that can occur that affect or change a rate i.e. equipment, traffic lanes, different customers, prior movement of cargo by other equipment.
- Develop daily operational plans in response to customer freight requirements, regulatory constraints, and fleet status.
- Assign and track the movement of freight company operators
- Communicate accurate and timely truck statuses and schedules to customers, management and sales teams.
- Manage and monitor operator fleet in accordance with performance goals
- Coordinate and ensure cost effective repair and service of operator trucks and company trailers
- Provide operational expertise to sales winning bids and strategies
- Develop and implement operator and equipment standards
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-10 years progressive managerial experience in the Transportation industry, guiding the growth and success of an owner operator-based fleet
- A strong communicator with the proven ability to gain the respect of owner operators.
- An expert at loading and securing freight on open deck equipment
- Well-versed in the economics of trucking and operator profitability.
- Mechanically inclined; familiar with trucks, transmissions, gears and grease.
- Technologically inclined; familiar with satellite tracking, MS Office and the fundamentals of computer dispatch.
- An energetic self- starter who thrives under pressure.
- The ability to move beyond dispatch to strategy development and general management.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Judy Norraine or Adrienne Giffen.
Please contact Judy Norraine or Adrienne Giffen with questions:
Judy Norraine – email@example.com – 778.565.1885
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023