Railcraft International Incorporated is recognized as a leading design and manufacturer of high quality engineered powder coated aluminum railings in North America since 1985. Railcraft’s aluminum railing products can be seen on large commercial and residential buildings ranging from several thousand feet to single family residential homes. Railcraft prides itself on being the source for custom fabrication and creative design in not only aluminum railing but several other architectural aluminum features.
The Project Estimator is responsible for quoting aluminum projects for customers on aluminum railing products for commercial and residential construction, retrofit and restoration projects. Candidate will be responsible for accurate take-offs, communicating with customers to develop complete scope, working with management to develop pricing, and preparing proposals. Candidate must have knowledge and experience within the aluminium products market, must be able to analyze information, and develop budgets with skills of reporting, estimating, decision making, teamwork, documentation and quality focus.
- Understand Railcraft culture and professionalism, be a part of who we are.
- Answer customer questions related to the estimate and work
- Prepare takeoffs and estimates of costs for materials and labour
- Manage customer expectations and communication throughout project timeline
- Consult with personnel as required discussing and formulating estimates
- Track project tenders and status
- Grade 12 with some post-secondary education
- 5 years’ experience in related manufacturing installation and/or estimating
- Demonstrated ability in material take-offs, design, applications and estimating
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, specifications, structural drawings,shop drawings and all schedules as to understand architectural intent
- Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Motivated and highly productive
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Capable of working in a fast paced high energy environment
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Solidworks as well as JobBoss (ERP) is an asset
- English language spoken & written
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Travel in North America and Hawaii, a valid passport and drivers licence required
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required tobe successful in this role then we invite to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Judy Norraine or Adrienne Giffen.
Please contact Judy Norraine or Adrienne Giffen with questions:
Judy Norraine – email@example.com – 778.565.1885
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023