Sales and Business Development Representative
Archipelago Marine Research Ltd., established in 1978, is a Victoria-based consulting firm specializing in national and international commercial fisheries monitoring and marine environmental assessment services. Archipelago is a recognized world leader in the development of electronic monitoring (EM) programs, services, and systems for observing, recording and reviewing fishing activity at sea. Archipelago has designed an EM system that integrates video cameras, sensors, and GPS mapping to create a clear and accurate profile of a commercial fishing vessels’ activity at sea. These monitoring systems help fisheries manage and account for what is being caught, including by-catch, and documents protected species interactions such as marine mammals, turtles and seabirds as well as mitigation measures. While the system is widely used throughout British Columbia, it has excellent potential for application in Europe, the United States, New Zealand, and Australia. Archipelago products and services significantly contribute to the marine resource sustainability in our community and our world.
The primary responsibility and function of the International Sales Representative will be to lead the selling process for major clients and projects by establishing personal contacts throughout the client’s organization including: Management, Technology/R&D, Engineering, Projects, and Operation Groups.
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities
- Develop new and maintain existing customer relationships
- Establish formal sales plans/strategies and identify growth areas
- Carry out product and company presentations.
- Manage all aspects of the sales pipeline including lead generation, project tracking, global sales coordination, pricing, bid review processes and RFP/RFQ preparation
- Attend clarification and contract negotiation meetings with prospective clients
- Provide custom solutions to suit client specific requirements
- Maintain reporting, sales forecasting/projections and database management systems
- Liaison between client, Archipelago and affiliates to resolve problems, confirm or follow-up on delivery/installation dates, etc.
- Make, develop and encourage technical/commercial suggestions or solutions that will enhance the overall competitiveness of company product.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and technologies, key market drivers and competitor position
- Attend conferences as directed, participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing plus a minimum five (5) years related experience; or minimum 10 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Results motivated self-starter who possesses a hunter mentality prospecting for and closing new business
- Proven success in science and/or technology sales
- Track record of success selling services to Government, Non-Government organizations and private industries
- Proven success in building and enhancing long term relationships with an established network of industry contacts
- Capability to forecast and track account management activity and provide pipeline reports for monthly sales meetings.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be available for domestic and international travel
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading professional recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite to provide a cover letter and resume in confidence to either Judy Norraine or Adrienne Giffen.
Judy Norraine – email@example.com – 778.565.1885
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023