Our client is a premier manufacturer of quality marine engine controls, electric over hydraulic steering systems, shaft brakes, deck machinery controls and industrial disc brakes used around the globe in all sizes of pleasure craft, work boats, public service vessels, oil rigs, wind turbines, aerospace and mining industries. The company’s 50 years of success can be attributed to a commitment of maintaining the highest standards for quality and workmanship.
- Interface with Sales staff and Customers to collaborate and / or provide system proposals.
- Review customer specifications to enable company to provide cost effective proposals that match customer requirements.
- Provide technical training and customer support
- Work with vendors to find most cost effective components to meet customer requirements.
- Review Customer Installations for Opportunities to Upgrade and Improve Existing Equipment.
- Create detailed cost analysis spreadsheets that include material cost, labor estimates, and engineering estimates for customer proposals.
- Write theory of operation and sequence charts to enable programming of machine logic
- Assist production, creating special test procedures and supervising shop testing, when required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD for purpose of creating hydraulic system circuit drawings.
- Travel as required to assist sales in the pursuit of order and to review customer requirements during the fulfillment of customer orders.
- Individual will be responsible for working with company sales to develop hydraulic solutions per customer requirement. This includes designing hydraulic circuits, detailed cost analysis, written proposals and providing sales support in the field.
- Position will be expected to promote the sale of company upgrades to existing installations and to competitive installations within customer base and to create / develop hydraulic solutions for new market applications.
- Strong Verbal & Written communication skills that will facilitate resolving technically challenging problems for and with customers and with internal company support.
- Ability to resolve issues to closure while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Effective listener to function as Voice of the Customer providing feedback to foster improvement in Customer Satisfaction
- Be an effective and valuable contributor to the company in support of future product and Systems Design Improvements for company.
- Demonstrated proficiency working as part of a team in selling scenarios.
- Minimum – 5 years of design and practical Engineering experience or related engineering oriented background within the Fluid Power Industry.
- Experience in Industrial environment involving Hydraulically Operated machinery specifically in Hydraulic System Design, and sales proposal preparation.
- Excellent commercial skills, technical aptitude and knowledge of Industrial Automation Systems.
- Mechanical design capability an asset
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent. If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Judy Norraine or Adrienne Giffen.
Judy Norraine – email@example.com – 778.565.1885
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023