Director of Operations
Monk Office is Vancouver Island’s largest office products provider and the largest independent stationer in British Columbia. Since Monk opened the doors of their first store over half a century ago, their people have been passionate about helping businesses succeed. That is why Monk offers thousands of the best brand names in the business and the kind of helpful, professional services that not only meet their stringent test of quality – they provide good value for their clients money.
Monk Office is searching for a Director of Operations. The Director of Operations will report to the President and will be responsible for the management of the distribution centre, the office furniture division and the office equipment division.
The Director of Operations will:
- Lead, motivate, and manage the Distribution Centre and delivery staff for Monk Office Interiors, Commercial
- Direct, and Monk Office Technologies.
- Provide a positive working environment
- Ensure the profitability and continued growth of the company at above average levels creating an extraordinary customer experience for internal and external customers
- Provide professional leadership to all staff as a member of the senior executive
- Day to day management of the two distribution centres and all operations staff
provide training and motivation through frequent team meetings
- One-on-one talks
- Seminars, workshops, and incentive programs
- Training includes, process and procedure knowledge, customer service, and personal development
- To closely monitor operation of the Distribution Centre to ensure a continuing first hand understanding of their operations and to optimize efficiency,
- Productivity and the customer experience
- Co-ordinate with colleagues on the senior executive team (sales) to develop new services for the account reps to improve their sales. This will involve detail calls on large accounts where operational problems have occurred and to obtain direct feedback from our customers
- Attend weekly senior managers’ meetings
- Make monthly presentations to the management team as to the performance of operations
- This position has full accountability for the Distribution aspect of the P&L, including budgeting and financial performance
- To ensure the detailed accuracy of the item master file information specifically counts and location codes
- Develop, lead and execute challenging incentive programs
- To live the Company Mission Statement in ALL we say and do
The Director of Operations & Facilities is responsible, with authority for:
- initiating action to prevent problems
- documenting quality problems
- contributing to problem solutions
- verifying implementation of solutions
- Controlling further processing when a problem is identified
- The Director of Operations is asked to contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs.
- If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their supervisor and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen.
At least five years in a consumable distribution operations management position utilizing computer inventory control.
A post secondary education or equivalent experience
Sound analytical skills for procedure and process documentation.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. A thorough understanding of computerized inventory control and distribution processes and procedures.
This position will offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive profit sharing and benefits program.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Management Recruitment and Executive Search firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.
Michael O’Brien e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Murray e: email@example.com