Commercial Property Manager
Our client has been in the Real Estate Development/Acquisition and Property Management business for over 50 years.
The Property Manager will report directly to the Managing Partner and will be responsible for the overall management of the industrial/commercial properties on behalf of our client.
The Property Manager will build trusted relationships with the tenants and look after the day to day issues that arise from a variety of different properties.
- Prompt and effective response to all tenant inquiries or complaints – cleaning/lighting/HVAC/air quality/security / insurance etc.
- Ensure proper work order and invoice approval procedures are maintained.
- Perform regular routine inspections of each property to ensure that high standards of cleanliness and maintenance are maintained and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure that all mechanical and safety systems are maintained in peak operating condition by timely contracting of third party services and ensuring completion of scheduled preventative maintenance work.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets and reconciliations for all properties
- Tendering and awarding all contracts for all properties
- Negotiate third party contracts for maintenance supplies and services and follow up to ensure contracts are fulfilled as specified
- A self starter with the ability to work independently without supervision
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years experience in a commercial property management environment, including contract management
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous and diverse activities and prioritize appropriately
- Thorough knowledge of building and management practices including operations, accounting, finance, leasing and insurance
- A Property Management Designation (CPM or RPA) or equivalent practical experience
- An understanding of commercial leases and tenant/landlord responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people including owners, staff, contractors and tenants
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in MS Office suite and similar software to Yardi/JD Edwards or Angus)
- Excellent communication skills
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading professional recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.