Director of Business Development
Dynamic Installations Inc. was conceived 10 years ago to provide a new generation of construction to the industrial construction market in BC, with the vision of “Building Toward the Future”. Beginning in a basement with two desks and zero clients, the business has grown to be an industry leader in time critical construction and custom design build projects.
Dynamic Heavy Lift was born with the recent acquisition of the largest water crane on the west coast. Dynamic Heavy Lift has disrupted the industry and will provide additional revenue through new and exciting business opportunities.
Dynamic Installations and Dynamic Heavy Lift are built on core principles that drive performance and results. These are a constant thirst for Knowledge, a desire for optimized Execution, a critical sense of Time to get the job done, and the best and brightest Team to lead two rapidly growing companies.
Dynamic Installations Inc. and Dynamic Heavy Lift are currently searching for a Director of Business Development.
Director of Business Development Role
This individual will learn the business, build relationships, see deals through the trees and grow the pipeline of new business opportunities. He/she will understand and sell the “WHY” support the execution of the projects, and contribute to turning construction into ART.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably Engineering) MBA or equivalent an asset.
- 10+ years of combined experience in industrial construction, project management, engineering and business management.
- Driven by integrity with alignment to Dynamic’s culture and core values.
- Exceptional business development skills, a true “hunter”.
- Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and build interpersonal relationships with various stakeholders.
- A leader with excellent business acumen, a results-oriented team player with a sense of humour.
- Strong negotiating skills, extensive experience estimating economic viability and contract negotiations, sound computer knowledge.
- Works collaboratively with other leaders, naturally curious with ability to articulate and defend a point of view with confidence.
- Demonstrates creativity and high-energy, able to balance competing priorities.
- A strategic/critical thinker, with solid research/analytical skills and strong industry, operational experience.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, a demonstrated track record in building long-term customer relationships, manages customers effectively.
- Excellent time management skills, able to effectively juggle competing responsibilities and deadlines.
- Strong business/financial management skills and demonstrated track-record for developing, executing and achieving operational and financial goals.
- Shows a passion for constant growth as a leader, a continuous learner.
- Ability to obtain a nexus card.
- A business development professional.
- Identifies new business opportunities, builds customer relationships and grows interpersonal relationships with various stakeholders.
- Provides a pipeline of opportunities to the leadership team.
- Cultivates strong relationships with suppliers, customers and professionals.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and strong people engagement, regularly follows-up with customers for feedback in a timely fashion.
- Ensures high customer satisfaction and people engagement.
- Networks at various industry events, actively involved with associations that align with strategy and contribute to building the pipeline.
- Implements Dynamic’s vision and strategy with the leadership team, resulting in increased revenue and superior brand awareness.
- Ensures the company’s vision is understood, implemented and reviewed at all levels of the organization, effectively communicates the vision externally.
- At a high level, functions as the Project Manager, actively engage with Project Managers to deliver superior results.
- Actively supports group business development through participation at professional conferences, adapts to various personality styles.
- Promotes positive/winning culture, leads by example, models Dynamic’s values.
- Willingness to travel, comfortable operating in US and Canadian markets.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment Firms, dedicated to recruiting top performers.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire “A” Players for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those that we wish to interview.