Business Development and Sales Manager
Stella Custom Glass Hardware, a Canadian-owned company, operating since 2001, is a North American distributor, manufacturer and supplier supporting the creation of stunning glass architecture with innovative glass hardware and large format aluminum doors. Specializing in custom design and a collaborative approach, Stella creates hardware that transitions a vision into a unique and buildable solution. Stella believes that custom is often the answer to practical problems. Examples of projects include the Canada and Evergreen Line stations, glass roof of YVR Canada Line station, Holt Renfrew, Bentall Cactus Club, Sparkling Hill in Vernon BC as well the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto and many many doors into high end homes, to name a few. Stella Custom Glass Hardware is currently searching for a Business Development and Sales Manager.
- Post-Secondary education with a focus in engineering, structural design or similar work experience.
- Experience managing successful inside and outside technical sales teams.
- Ability to build relationships within the architectural, design and glazing community.
- A natural leader, relationship builder and strategist with a successful track record closing complex deals.
- Leads by example and consistently demonstrates a “can-do” attitude, is ambitious, and competitive.
- Professional demeanour, with the ability to communicate passion about the company brand.
- Able to successfully execute Stella’s vision, while always under promising and over delivering to clients and team.
- A team player who consistently leverages talent and expertise within the company for the benefit of all.
- Demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency when executing day-to-day responsibilities.
- Proven ability developing sales plans and growing sales across North America
- Experience implementing a performance management system with the use of metrics for both internal and external sales team members.
- Strong construction and technical knowledge – glazing, fenestration and curtain wall experience is an asset.
- Takes initiative with an entrepreneurial drive to grow and sustain a thriving business.
- A consummate communicator, understands impact of communications in a variety of settings, and leverages communication skills for success.
- Professional selling skills training and current marketing training is a requirement.
- Able to travel and manage oneself in and out of office environment, eligible for a Nexus card.
- Managing Stella’s internal and external sales teams to grow the business, execute on the strategic vision and identify potential opportunities by utilizing internal resources and external sales force.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with our clients, suppliers and the Stella team, including the management team.
- A “go-to” person for internal and external teams, clients, and potential clients.
- Work closely with the remote sales team and grow relationships with Architects, Designers and Glaziers.
- Monitor, manage and motivate the sales team through performance coaching, while providing clear, direct and timely feedback.
- Implement challenging yet realistic and measurable sales plans, align metrics to inspire a culture that reflects integrity and accountability.
- Interpret metrics in a meaningful way that contributes to the sales team’s success.
- Hold sales team accountable with consistent, clear communication.
- Work with sales team to encourage relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
- Positively contributes to a culture based on integrity and accountability through processes and systems that reward these behaviours.
- Leads by example and up-holds the Stella values, demonstrates professionalism at all times, looks for innovative, creative solutions and treats everyone with the utmost respect.
- Coordinate head office events and visits for sales team to help improve product knowledge and morale among sales team.
- Work with marketing department to support sales activity, presentations as well as lunch and learn opportunities.
- Utilize Sales Force to monitor projects and opportunities in the pipeline.
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf. format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.