Pacific Spirit Investment Management is well-established as Vancouver’s Wealth Management firm. Since 1994, the Pacific Spirit team has successfully helped high net-worth clients build and preserve wealth. From highly personalized portfolio management to comprehensive financial planning, Pacific Spirit offers an extensive range of financial services combined with outstanding professionalism and qualifications. Pacific Spirit Investment Management is currently searching for a Financial Accountant.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Financial Accountant who undertakes all aspects of financial management. This will include client account reconciliation, regulatory and financial reporting, banking, budget and forecast preparation, payroll and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures.
Key Criteria and Requirements:
- Proven track record of success as a Financial Manager providing client-focused service that is both cordial and genuine
- Self-assured with an inner drive to exceed client’s expectations
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience with a CPA designation, strong aptitude for accuracy
- A self-starter who is solution focused and able to anticipate what needs to be done well in advance of deadlines
- A team player who works collaboratively with others and is always willing to “pitch in” to complete a task
- Brings a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and professional ethics
- Experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Proven ability for creating financial statements and reconciling accounts
- Experience with general ledger functions, month-end and year-end close processes
- Strong computer skills with expertise in Microsoft office (especially excel), familiar with accounting software, experience with Sage50 is an asset
- Interest in Financial Planning and investing is an asset
- Greets clients warmly and is a welcoming, positive first impression for Pacific Spirit
- Day-to-day accounting responsibilities managing all accounting operations including AR, AP, GL
- Issues cheques, reconciles bank accounts and completes quarterly filing GST/PST
- Reconciles client investment accounts, invoices clients quarterly
- Completes bi-weekly payroll
- Prepares working capital reports for regulatory purposes
- Prepares monthly financial statements, financial forecasts and reports variances
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget, regulatory reporting, monthly and annual close processes
- Prepares working papers for and manages annual audit
- Completes special reports for Provincial regulators, meets submission deadlines
- Stays current with changes to tax laws and legislation
- Shows interest in continual learning and professional development
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.