Work and Play Hard as Sales Manager
Megapro is searching for a Sales Manager who will contribute to taking the company to the next level and have fun doing it!
Who is Megapro?
Megapro is a privately held company and currently holds numerous patents and trademarks internationally. Megapro manufactures most of its products in North America, and are backed by a lifetime guarantee. Megapro has earned a solid reputation in the industrial sales world.
In 1992, Megapro introduced its patented retractable cartridge technology to the hand tools market. Since then, they have been shipping these ultra-tough screwdrivers to industrial customers worldwide. Always innovating and manufacturing to the highest standards, Megapro strives to provide customers with some of the best hand tools on the market, just check out some of the Amazon.com reviews!
Megapro has a lot of exciting initiatives coming down the pipes, including two brand new product launches slated for 2021. They have ambitious goals of doubling their business in the next 3 years and are looking for the right person to help take them there.
As a small, local business, Megapro has 11 employees at their Langley head office and the right cultural fit is incredibly important.
Who Are They Looking For?
The successful candidate will come with substantial experience/familiarity within the hand tools and/or power tools industry. He/she will have a demonstrated history of sales successes and will have handled many major/national accounts in this arena.
He/she should be personable, have an appetite for acquiring new business, and be equally eager to grow existing business. Megapro is the right place for someone who is looking to advance his/her career and have fun along the way.
Why Become a Part of the Team?
Reporting directly to the owners, not only will you grow your career, but you will be a key member of the leadership team and have a direct impact on the strategic direction of the company.
One of the core values at Megapro is “A fun and safe place to work”; it’s really important to Megapro for its employees to truly enjoy being at work.
Another core value is “Get it Done Spirit”, so bring your “whatever it takes” mindset to this role, and you will be able to see a tangible correlation with your career growth and remuneration as the business grows.
What You Will Do
- Your day will be divided between hands-on selling and leading the sales team
- Collaboratively lead the sales team and strategically grow the team by recruiting top performers as required
- Increasing sales in North America, Europe, and the world, through the internal team and managing a team of external sales representatives
- Expanding the distribution of Megapro products regionally, nationally and globally through the acquisition for brand-new clients
- Maintaining and growing relationships with key accounts through active collaboration
- Maintaining digital information ensuring CRM (Zoho) software tracks customer and product data
- Assisting in marketing efforts where applicable
What You Will Bring to the Table
- A proven 8 to 10 year track record of continual sales growth in industrial sales/ B2B environment (tools industry preferred)
- Experience as a hands-on sales leader with a genuine interest in coaching, training and strategically growing sales teams
- Existing solid relationships with key retail and industrial accounts within the hand tools/ power tools is an asset
- Proven track record overseeing high-value, key accounts within the industrial trades sector, specifically in tools (hand tools, power tools, and power tool accessories)
- Passion for data, proficient in strategic planning, developing sales metrics, reporting on KPIs, and regular sales forecasting
- Experience in penetrating new markets as well as nurturing and growing a very strong existing client base, many of whom are ‘legacy customers’
- Ability to measure the performance of the sales agents and make appropriate changes consistent with Megapro’s values and culture
- Professional selling skills consistent with Hubspot ‘buyer-centric selling’ philosophy
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.