Who is T-RAIL?
With over 30 years of experience, T-RAIL provides complete rail supply and service solutions to Canadian and International Railway Organizations. With operations in Vancouver (Surrey), Winnipeg and Toronto, T-Rail offers planning, engineering, specifications, estimating, logistics, supply, and installation of rail transportation links. T-RAIL continues to grow despite the current challenging global health and economic situation. T-RAIL is currently searching for a Senior Accountant.
The Mission of the Senior Accountant Role:
The Senior Accountant will perform full-cycle accounting and report to the Director of Sustainable Finance. The successful candidate will be a key member of the accounting team and be responsible for managing aspects of the company’s accounting across Canada. The successful candidate will excel at transactional accounting, lead T-RAIL’s accounting function and build the accounting team from the ground up.
- An internal leader who gains the confidence of the team, respects and brings out the best in people, contributes a culture of accountability
- Hit the ground running and learn about T-Rail products in relation to the accounting processes over time
- Manages financial policies and full-cycle accounting systems and processes, streamlines processes where necessary, ensuring there are adequate checks and balances at every stage
- Responsible for the daily accounting function of the company including overseeing accounts receivable, accounts payable and accounting staff
- Builds an efficient, process driven accounting team that provides a solid foundation for T-Rail’s continued success and growth
- Delegates effectively, optimizes processes through technology and utilizes people’s strengths for maximum efficiency
- Takes ownership for and actively manages the financial drivers of value, embraces a robust and thorough monthly review process
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly financial statements and supporting package for external accountants annual review engagement
- Identifies and monitors opportunities to improve financial performance and profitability, makes recommendations pertaining to strategic initiatives
- Implements short and long-range policies and accounting procedures to meet the company’s goals and objectives.
- A naturally curious leader with a track record for implementing process improvements, a natural problem solver
- A CPA designation and 5+ years of accounting/finance experience, with strong business acumen and decision-making experience at senior level, is coachable
- Experience working in entrepreneurial business environment, with previous accounting experience in manufacturing and distribution
- Strives to make processes better, implements improved methods, has gained confidence through experience, is willing to discuss and implement improvements
- Leadership responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash flow forecasting, daily cash monitoring, reconciliations, and inventory management
- Always professional with a demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics, leads by example
- A proactive and enterprising individual with strong emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills and a willingness to voice opinions and back up opinions with fact
- Communicates in a clear, concise, organized manner and listens and works collaboratively with others to obtain information, strives to find answers
- Solution oriented problem solver with demonstrated understanding of people and is comfortable holding department managers accountable for the financial information required for month end reports
- A chameleon who understands both corporate and entrepreneurial cultures with the willingness to take a hands-on approach to daily activities
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and detail oriented, a self-motivated high achiever
- A continual learner who strives for continuous improvement for self and others
- Familiar and has experience working with ERP systems, NetSuite experience is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including the use of formulas, linking, and integrating spreadsheets and able to organize and summarize data for senior level readers with proven ability to identify pertinent information
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading™, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter™, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit”.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.