Associate for Sequoia Mergers & Acquisitions
Sequoia Mergers & Acquisitions is a specialized team of experienced M&A professionals that was built to sell great companies for great people.
The Sequoia team specializes in the sale of privately owned, mid-market companies. Sequoia has sold majority interest in nearly 60 companies since it was founded in 2007. Each year, the average client company size has increased and the quality has also consistently improved.
Sequoia is looking for an Associate to contribute to this continued growth by helping take the business to the next level.
Mission of the Associate:
This individual will work directly with ownership and senior management, supporting the execution of transactions and provide quantitative and qualitative analysis. He/she will be an entrepreneurial professional with superior financial abilities who is accustomed to working in a high performing, fast-paced environment.
- Prepares, updates, and maintains financial models showing working capital, discounted cash flows, historical financial performance, and various other scenarios.
- Facilitates purchaser’s financial due diligence and provides timely feedback on all matters required to close transactions.
- Prepares comparables of private and public company precedent transactions.
- Supports the preparation of confidential information memorandums with ad-hoc financial analysis and review.
- Conducts industry research to identify prospective strategic buyers.
- Prepares preliminary opinions of value for prospective clients.
- Reviews definitive agreements and provides comments and suggestions as required.
- Proactively identifies issues and has the confidence to share information with leaders, bases decisions on reliable and accurate data.
- Communicates effectively with clients, prospective purchasers, and professional support to advance transactions toward completion.
- Respects and brings out the best in people, contributes to building a culture of accountability.
- Takes initiative on projects, anticipating and mitigating issues to advance each engagement with minimal supervision.
- Optimizes processes through technology and utilizes people’s strengths for maximum efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation is an asset.
- Completion of a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is an asset.
- Completion of a Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation is an asset.
- Experience working in investment banking, M&A advisory, transaction advisory, or financial due diligence is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Apple suite of products.
- Working knowledge of S&P Capital IQ is an asset.
- A dedicated professional with a demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics.
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and detail oriented, a self-motivated high achiever who thrives in a high pressure environment.
- A proactive and enterprising individual with strong emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills and a willingness to voice opinions that are backed up with fact.
- A lifelong learner who strives for continuous improvement, a desire for personal and professional career growth for self and others.
- Works well with various personality types, avoids making assumptions by asking curious questions.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.