With over 30 years of experience, T-RAIL provides complete rail supply and service solutions to Canadian and International Railway Organizations. With operations in Vancouver (Surrey), Winnipeg and Toronto, T-RAIL offers planning, engineering, specifications, estimating, logistics, supply, and installation of rail transportation links. T-RAIL continues to grow despite the current challenging global health and economic situation. T-RAIL is currently searching for a Yard Superintendent to oversee the Winnipeg operation.
Mission of the Yard Superintendent:
Reporting to the Regional Manager Western Canada in Surrey, BC., the Yard Superintendent will have autonomy and the responsibility for managing the daily Winnipeg operation. This individual will be responsible for managing policies and making decisions that guide productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of the Winnipeg operation.
- Day-to-day management of the operations, inventory control, quality control, logistics, distribution, rail safety, human resources and health and safety
- Builds working relationships with members of internal and external teams, enhances and builds vendor relationships
- Manages full-time and temporary staff as required, leads by example and inspires people to be the best they can be, holds people accountable
- Works directly with the Regional Manager Western Canada to maintain a healthy, positive and engaged work culture
- Responsible for updating and recording in writing the internal processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Has the ability to work with the ERP system confidently, analyzes productivity and sets performance targets that will meet revenue and cost targets
- 5 years track record of success with progressive career experience within a distribution, manufacturing or logistics environment
- A hands-on leader with 5+ years in a supervisory role, excellent organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills
- Has in-depth knowledge of operations including administration, safety, quality control and human resources, has experience with ERP systems
- A consummate communicator, understands impact of communication, and leverages communication skills for success
- An individual who thrives working autonomously, is hands-on, results oriented and driven to get things done
- A team player, who consistently leverages talent and expertise within the operation
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, attends to the needs of the customer
- Sales experience is an asset; ability to build relationships is required
- Brings creative thinking and a “can do” attitude
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, and competitive, demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency in executing day-to-day responsibilities
- Sound knowledge of Employment Standards Act and Health and Safety guidelines in Manitoba
- Good computer skills with knowledge of office software packages
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.