Senior Frontend Developer For Rise Vision
Since 1992 Rise Vision has been obsessed with helping customers have great looking displays. Today, our primary focus is education. Rise Vision currently serves over 3,000 schools. In these uncertain times, communication and connection is essential and fun is important. Rise Vision is making sure digital signage is easy to use, current and fun.
Thanks to easy to use templates, it’s simple for schools to keep displays up-to-date and engaging. Schools can stay connected over 99% of the time. By 2027, Rise Vision’s goal is to improve the experience of students everywhere by serving 1,000,000 school displays. Rise Vision is currently searching for a Senior Developer who will contribute to turning this vision into reality.
Mission of the Senior Frontend Developer:
This individual will be responsible for delivering software that aligns with Rise Vision’s development principles, on schedule. With a thorough understanding of both the customer and Rise Vision’s business strategy, the Senior Frontend Developer will deliver software that matters most to Rise Vision’s users.
- Learn, understand and embrace culture and core values of Rise Vision
- Support the Lead Developer in prioritizing, forecasting, and planning and implementing new projects
- In coordination with the Lead Developer estimate the effort and coordinate the team’s activities to deliver the releases incrementally, ship quality products on schedule
- Deliver software that matters most to the users and meets Rise Vision’s development principles
- Continuously reduce the scope of work, ship software in incremental releases, to deliver value as quickly as possible, reducing risks of potential uptime failures and defects
- Correctly follow established processes as well as identify and implement process improvements
- Strive for continuous improvement, be responsible for proactively planning technical improvement and debt reduction
- Identifies opportunities and offers suggestions for things that need to be created, update and reports on KPIs weekly
- Reports daily on progress, challenges and areas of improvement
- Frontend developer with 5+ years of experience designing and building SaaS applications
- Experience with Angular/AngularJS or other client side frameworks
- Able to write unit and integration tests for code
- Familiar with server side languages
- Familiar with using Analytics APIs and various other 3rd party integrations
- Knowledge of CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment) tools for deployment and server maintenance
- Comfortable using Git/Github, following the Github Flow, reviewing peers pull requests
- Familiar with semantic HTML, web accessibility best practices (WCAG 2.0), service workers, web components
- Understanding of the full web stack (e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, REST APIs (or similar))
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies, take ownership of work and is accountable to deadlines, KPIs, and commitments
- A natural collaborator who demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency when fulfilling day-to-day responsibilities
- Effectively works remotely within a virtual company utilizing chat applications (Slack) and video conferencing (Google Hangouts, Zoom) to communicate with peers throughout the day
- A self-starter with a positive “can-do” attitude who thrives while working remotely within a transparent and entrepreneurial culture where change is constant
- Professional demeanour, positive mindset, is able to hold his/her own and get things done
- A continuous learner with strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record of results
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.