Lead Developer For Rise Vision
Since 1992 Rise Vision has been obsessed with helping customers have great looking displays. Today, our primary focus is education. Rise Vision currently serves over 3,000 schools. In these uncertain times, communication and connection is essential and fun is important. Rise Vision is making sure digital signage is easy to use, current and fun.
Thanks to easy to use templates, it’s simple for schools to keep displays up-to-date and engaging. Schools can stay connected over 99% of the time. By 2027, Rise Vision’s goal is to improve the experience of students everywhere by serving 1,000,000 school displays. Rise Vision is currently searching for a Lead Developer who will contribute to turning this vision into reality.
Mission of the Lead Developer:
This individual will be responsible for ensuring the team understands the customer and the problems they face. This knowledge will determine the right business strategy for delivering software that is aligned with Rise Vision principles. In addition to implementation, the Lead Developer will identify the scope of the work, estimate the time and coordinate the team’s activities in order to deliver results on schedule.
- Learn, understand and embrace culture and core values of Rise Vision understand how Rise Vision’s business strategy solves problems.
- Coach the team to ensure they understand the customer and the business strategy.
- Very hands-on successfully delivers projects on schedule and everything that was promised is shipped
- Identifies the scope of the work and estimates the effort and coordinates the team’s activities to incrementally deliver it
- Continuously reduces the scope of the releases – sets priorities according to what matters most Is accountable for continuously reducing the associated technical debt and costs
- Takes ownership of domains, monitor the systems ensuring everything is fully functional
- Strives for continuous improvement, reports daily on progress, challenges and areas of improvement
- Focus on continual learning, responsible for the development, coaching, happiness, and performance of the team
- Provides consistent and repetitive communication of the Rise Vision purpose, values, goals, strategy
- 7+ years of full stack development experience designing and building SaaS applications, proficient in Java, with expert knowledge of its ecosystems
- A solution focused problem solver who demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency when fulfilling day-to-day responsibilities
- Proficient with server side development and understands the full web stack ( e.g. HTTP, headers, caching, REST APIs, Google Cloud Platform experience (AppEngine, Datastore, BigQuery) or similar
- Familiar with CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment) tools for deployment and server maintenance, comfortable using Git/Github
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies, takes ownership of work and is accountable to deadlines, KPIs, and commitments
- Proven success with project management, a natural leader who is able to plan, organize, estimate time and deliver results on schedule
- Effectively works remotely within a virtual company utilizing chat applications (Slack) and video conferencing (Google Hangouts, Zoom) to communicate with peers throughout the day
- A self-starter who demonstrates a positive “can-do” attitude and thrives while working remotely within a transparent and entrepreneurial culture where change is constant
- Professional demeanour, positive mindset, is able to hold his/her own and get things done
- A continuous learner with strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven track record of achieving results
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.