Senior UX Designer
Since 1992 Rise Vision has been obsessed with helping customers have great looking displays. Today, our primary focus is education. Rise Vision currently serves over 3,000 schools. In these uncertain times, communication and connection is essential and fun is important. Rise Vision is making sure digital signage is easy to use, current and fun.
Thanks to easy to use templates, it’s simple for schools to keep displays up-to-date and engaging. Schools can stay connected over 99% of the time. By 2027, Rise Vision’s goal is to improve the experience of students everywhere by serving 1,000,000 school displays. Rise Vision is currently searching for a Senior UX Designer who will contribute to turning this vision into reality.
Mission of the Senior UX Designer:
The mission of the Senior UX Designer is to increase user satisfaction as measured by constant improvements in onboarding and retention. This individual is passionate about delivering elegant and simple user interfaces for mobile, tablet, laptop and large format on premise digital signage displays. The successful candidate will have success engaging the user and have a relentless eye for detail and be a stickler for consistency.
- Learn, understand and embrace culture and core values of Rise Vision
- Understand the Rise Vision customer, the problems they face and the business strategy to solve those problems
- Accountable for delivering quality user interfaces that meet the Rise Vision style guide, standards and development principles, on schedule
- Following the design process, translate abstract ideas into intuitive steps to help the users succeed through the customer journey
- Create detailed mockups and interactive prototypes demonstrating flows, interactions, and animations in both web and native mobile environments
- Transform product design and prototypes into quality front end of the web applications in coordination with the developers on the team
- Take ownership of user experience across the domain
- Maintain and improve the design process, style guides, design systems, and user experience patterns
- Correctly follow established processes as well as identify and implement process improvements
- Strive for continuous improvement and identify opportunities and offers suggestions for things that need to be created
- Create copy to enhance the customer experience, apply messages to enhance customer experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in UI/UX design
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Sketch and Figma
- Able to write well-formatted HTML and scalable/modular CSS with solid knowledge of Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3) in all browsers
- Experience working with developers, able to create prototypes
- Proficient using CSS pre-compilers such as SASS/LESS and responsive design and grid systems: Bootstrap, Skeleton, Bourbon
- Proven track record inspiring others with a vision, independently prioritizes work and finishes tasks (one task at a time), no context switching or multitasking
- Effectively works remotely within a virtual company utilizing chat applications (Slack) and video conferencing (Google Hangouts, Zoom) to communicate with peers throughout the day
- Has working knowledge of Google Apps – mail, documents and the use of them within teams to share and collaborate
- Proven experience using Trello to manage all accounting or related work is an asset
- Familiar with Scrum, Agile and Shape Up methodologies
- Takes ownership of work and is accountable to deadlines, KPIs, and commitments
- Professional demeanour, positive mindset, is able to hold his/her own and get things done
- A natural collaborator who demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency when fulfilling day-to-day responsibilities
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.