Kobelt is a Canadian-based manufacturing company, with over 50 years of experience developing and producing high quality products for the marine and industrial sectors. Kobelt has an extensive history of innovation and product development and works with a wide variety of regulatory and classification requirements around the world for system certifications and approvals. Kobelt Manufacturing is currently searching for a Production/Operations Manager.
Mission of the Production/Operations Manager:
The Production/Operations Manager will be accountable for production and operations focusing on safety, efficiency, on time delivery, cost, quality and volume of production. The Production/Operations Manager will chair regular operational meetings and participate in management meetings. The successful candidate will be required to develop and maintain relationships with the internal Kobelt team, as well as customers and outside vendors.
- Work closely with team to understand and embrace Kobelt’s culture and core values
- Understand existing products and get to know direct reports and how their role and responsibilities fit into the overall manufacturing requirements
- Develop and implement lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives to increase production capacity and decrease costs
- Schedule production in a way that’s realistic and achievable to meet on time deliveries
- Help establish strategic direction while maintaining focus on daily requirements for manufacturing
- Direct the development, implementation and execution of operational policies and practices
- Oversee, supervise and coordinate all production processes to ensure Kobelt can operate at peak productivity, performance and profitability
- Develop optimal manufacturing techniques and map process flows to eliminate waste and meet corporate strategic goals
- Communicate clearly and directly with employees concerning individual, departmental and company performance expectations, productivity, and accountability
- Ten or more years related supervisory experience in manufacturing, experience with metal/plastics fabrication assembly environment is required, combined operations and production experience is an asset
- Experience in lean manufacturing, total quality, sigma six or other similar environments, a diploma or degree in business, engineering or machining is preferred
- General knowledge and training in manufacturing principles and processes, previous experience with a Materials Resource Planning (MRP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required – experience with Visual ERP is an asset.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, a consummate communicator
- Has in-depth knowledge of operations including administration, safety, quality control and human resources
- A team player, who consistently leverages talent and expertise within the operation, ability to pivot and adapt to emergency situations
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, and competitive, demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency in executing day-to-day responsibilities
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Willingness to be on call five days a week with sporadic call-ins to attend to emergencies during the evening and weekends, infrequent lifting up to 50 pounds may be required
- Must have a valid BC Drivers Licence
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.