Modpools is the original container pool of North America, with over 1000 container pools built and shipped all across Canada and the USA. Modpools uses only the highest quality of materials and equipment from North America’s top suppliers. Modpools is a trusted brand regularly featured on TV and across social media. Modpools is currently searching for an Accountant.
The Mission of the Accountant:
As the Accountant you are accountable for daily accounting tasks in areas of bookkeeping, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll. This individual will be very hands-on ensuring all customer payments are entered flawlessly into company systems by following accounting processes and principles.
The Accountant will support the team by diligently answering internal inquiries. All expenses will be approved and coded to correct general ledger accounts within the correct accounting periods. Balance sheet reconciliations will be completed as per the finance teams published schedule.
- Responsible for the daily accounting and book keeping function of Modpools including overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Analyzes numbers, creates reports and presents monthly findings to the senior team
- Processes monthly/semi-monthly payroll and related remittance/contribution
- An internal leader who gains the confidence of the team, meets deadlines and responds to inquiries from inside the company, demonstrates exceptional communication skills
- Registers new hires in payroll system and maintains employee accounts
- Ensures consistency and efficiency of systems and processes across the board, holds people accountable
- Maximizes efficiency and streamlines processes where necessary, ensures there are adequate checks and balances at every stage
- Reviews and files corporate taxes, experience preparing and filing Government reports
- Contributes to building a solid foundation for Modpools’ continued success and growth.
- 5+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience in medium size companies with multiple departments, enjoys working internally with the team, previous experience in an entrepreneurial family business is an asset
- Responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, daily cash monitoring and reconciliations in a fast paced manufacturing business
- Strong business acumen with experience with multi-currencies and inter-company transactions, with experience overseeing payroll and benefits
- A proactive and very “hands-on” individual with strong emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills and a willingness to voice opinions and back up opinions with fact
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, organized manner, listen and work collaboratively with others to obtain information, strives to find answers
- Solution oriented problem solver with demonstrated understanding of people, adaptable, works well with various personality types, avoids making assumptions by asking curious questions
- A quick learner who thrives within a fast paced entrepreneurial culture with the willingness to take a hands-on approach to daily activities
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and meticulously detail oriented, a self-motivated high achiever, coachable
- A continual learner who strives for continuous improvement for self and others
- Proven computer skills with exceptional skills in Excel and Quickbooks, able to travel to the USA
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.