SEO Content Writer (remote)
Packetlabs is a leading ethical hacking firm in Canada. Packetlabs offers a number of services, including infrastructure penetration testing, web and mobile application testing, social engineering, red team exercises, source-code reviews, and exploit development. Packetlabs’ clients occupy a number of industries, including government, technology, law enforcement, retail, healthcare and financial, to name a few. Packetlabs is searching for a SEO Content Writer who enjoys working in a fast-paced/dynamic environment and enjoys challenging themselves.
Mission of the SEO Content Writer
Packetlabs is seeking a highly skilled and creative SEO Content Writer to join the Marketing Team. In the role. This individual will work closely with our Digital Marketing Specialist and Paid Media Specialist to create compelling and optimized cybersecurity-themed content. The content will align with Packetlabs’ brand guidelines and resonate with the target audience. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in SEO, experience writing for cybersecurity or the IT industry, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team. Packetlabs is looking for someone who is passionate about creating high-quality content that drives results.
- Responsible for creating thoughtful and compelling writing content that helps position Packetlabs as the thought leaders in the cybersecurity space
- Manages Blog Calendar and plans topics based on SEO research and keyword research, writes optimized content for the website, social media, whitepapers, ebooks, annual reports, checklists, emails and landing pages
- Ensures website is current and contributing to an engaging customer experience, conducts A/B emails and optimizes future emails based on results
- Implements research on target audiences and stays up-to-date on industry trends, identifies internal link-building opportunities and connects with potential partners for guest blog opportunities
- Utilizes Google Analytics to understand the target audience and achieve high SERP rankings, conducts competitive analysis and uses tools such as SEM Rush, Moz, and Google Keyword Planner to identify search trend
- Supports Digital Marketing Specialist in SEO strategy and keyword planning, applies core SEO and SERP principles, including internal linking and keyword optimization into all content
- Works with Paid Media Specialist for optimization, collaborates with cross- functional teams to understand business goals and creates content that aligns
- Addresses challenges by highlighting the benefits of Packetlabs’ services, rather than listing features
- Creates weekly reports on SEO rankings, Average Position, Visibility Score, and Targeted Keywords Rankings for the Digital Marketing Manager
- 3 – 5 years of proven B to B experience successfully increasing leads by writing creative and engaging content that resonates with the target audience, a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- 1 – 2 years experience in the IT or Cybersecurity Industry, ability to grasp, use and explain technical concepts related to cybersecurity, IT systems, infrastructure and applications
- A strong background in SEO (SEO certification is an asset), ability to write content for a specific audience, buyer persona, archetype or core customer
- Experience in integrated content writing to drive traffic flows, collaborates with the marketing team to expand on brand voice and tone guidelines
- Has written website content for SERP, applies core SEO and SERP principles, including internal linking and keyword optimization into all content, highly organized and able to follow and monitor a keyword strategy and schedule
- Proven track record using keywords effectively in content, both in the body and in subheadings, excellent knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and style
- Experience writing optimized content for the website, blogs, social media, whitepapers, ebooks, emails, paid ads and landing pages
- Able to use CMS and CRM/Contentful and Hubspot, for uploading blogs and posting on social channels
- Naturally curious about technology and able to learn new technical concepts quickly, ability to write evergreen and timely content using SEO best practices
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.