Director of Sales and Marketing
Menzies manufactures the best roofing, HVAC and building envelope accessories. For over 40 years we have been designing effective and innovative products for distributors, lumberyards and contractors in Canada and the US. Menzies has become the product of choice for Architects, Project Engineers and Contractors. Menzies products are used by the building industry in residential, commercial and industrial applications ranging from high density to single-family dwellings. Menzies is looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing to contribute to increasing revenue growth through sales and marketing efforts.
Mission of the Director of Sales and Marketing:
The Director of Sales and Marketing is accountable for setting the sales strategy to achieve Menzies Group of Companies revenue goals. The group of companies includes Menzies, Primex HVAC, All American Metal Products and Vanguard Shelving. This individual will nurture new and existing customer relationships, lead the customer service team and oversee marketing.
- Grow relationships with key customers and build distribution network in Canada and the United States
- Lead the customer service team and work with Branch Managers to execute on tactics and processes required to deliver on the sales strategy
- Maintain a culture of trust, candour, transparency, growth, learning, empowerment, performance and accountability
- Articulate critical numbers, to quantitatively account for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production
- Establish achievable performance measurements for Branch Managers and customer service team that are aligned with the overall revenue goals
- Continuously validate and improve the sales strategy that is based on strategy, make decisions after analyzing aggregated data, strive for continuous improvement
- Understand how Menzies Group of Companies products compare with the competition, remain current with market trends, relay customer input to product development team
- Oversee marketing efforts, be the point person for marketing when working with marketing specialists
- 5 + years hands-on experience proactively growing sales and business relationships within the construction industry
- A sales leader who has experience building key relationships, coaching, training and strategically growing customer service teams and a sales culture that is positive, hungry and productive
- Assists GM with the expansion of the Menzies Group distribution network in the Prairies and US, institutes robust sales and support processes to support sales growth
- A collaborative team player with the ability to communicate excitement about the company brand and overall vision, has experience executing “go-to-market” strategies for new products
- Established experience achieving quarterly sales targets, forecasting, reporting and KPIs
- Thrives within a dynamic entrepreneurial culture where continual improvement is constant
- A natural collaborator who demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency when fulfilling day-to-day responsibilities with sales and marketing
- Has experience overseeing CRM systems – experience with SAP is an asset, has advanced excel skills
- Has experience growing relationships with distributors and contractors, knows what it takes to be successful when nurturing these relationships
- A continuous learner who strives for consistent improvement, able to travel to the USA to attend 2-4 trade shows annually
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.