Knight Signs is a national company with vast experience in designing, manufacturing and installing custom signage solutions for clients. Headquartered in Delta, BC in a large facility with professional and qualified staff and over 100 years of experience. The people at Knight Signs are experts in delivering cost effective turn-key solutions with optimal quality and service. Knight Signs is currently searching for a HR Generalist to be an active member of the team.
Mission of the HR Generalist:
This position ensures the delivery of HR services, providing support services and day-to-day administration, processing and maintenance of HR programs and services. Reporting to the President, the HR Generalist is a key contributor to the senior leadership team, providing employment and labour advice and interpretation. The HR Generalist supports all HR services and works in conjunction with team leaders ensuring positive employee experience. This individual will be a member of the Health and Safety Committee and work in conjunction with the Health and Safety Management team.
- Partner with team leaders to conduct proactive communications and engagement initiatives to enhance employee experience
- Assist with the delivery of training programs and performance reviews, coordinate and schedule all aspects of training and performance review delivery
- An active member of the Health and Safety Committee, maintain training and certification records for all salaried/hourly employees, assist with safety audits and health and safety policies
- In collaboration with the team leaders coordinate recruitment and selection processes, promote a positive attitude toward company goals and company culture
- Update job descriptions, prepare postings, advertisements, screen resumes, conduct reference checks and make verbal and written job offers
- Conduct and support the employee orientation process, identify opportunities to improve and evolve the onboarding process, strive for continuous improvement
- Maintain accurate record keeping of all human resource functions including benefits and vacation, keep employee information confidential
- Provide guidance and support for all HR policies and procedures, maintain government records and stay current with work safe labour laws
- 3+ years of experience as an HR Generalist with a degree in business administration or equivalent, a CPHR designation and manufacturing experience is an asset
- An excellent communicator with exceptional listening skills and the proven ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality, avoids making assumptions by asking curious questions
- A solution oriented problem solver with strong business acumen, demonstrated customer service skills and the ability to work with multiple personality types
- A proactive individual with strong emotional intelligence and exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the willingness to voice opinions and back up opinions with fact
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, organized manner and work collaboratively with others to obtain information, strives to find answers
- A quick learner who thrives within a fast paced entrepreneurial culture with the willingness to take a hands-on approach to daily activities
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and meticulously detail oriented, a self-motivated high achiever, coachable
- A continual learner who strives for continuous improvement for self and others, interest in promoting health and safety is an asset
- Knowledge of all applicable work safe employment laws and government legislation
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.