General Manager with CPA Designation
TrendTex Fabrics and Winbourne Fabrics are the leading Wholesale Distributors in Canada & the UK for independent retailers focused on the quilting and home sewing markets. TrendTex represents some of the best fabric lines the industry has to offer such as Moda, Hoffman California, Cotton + Steel, RJR Fabrics, Stof, Benartex, Michael Miller, Lewis & Irene and Shannon Fabrics. The companies are currently searching for a General Manager to make a valuable contribution to the team.
Reporting to the owner, the General Manager will have the responsibility for managing the overall operation of TrendTex Fabrics, and the UK division Winbourne Fabrics. The General Manager will have a CPA designation, be a proven leader with exceptional IT and people skills who will optimize costs, inventory levels and overall profitability. This individual will analyze, interpret and act on the metrics of the business. With strong business acumen and above average emotional intelligence, the General Manager will inspire a collaborative and accountable culture.
- Build working relationships with members of the internal and external teams, execute business strategies to achieve short and long-term goals
- Lead and manage ensuring cohesiveness and efficiency throughout the company, oversee the budget process, meet financial targets
- Collaborate with department heads to identify opportunities for growth, efficiencies, and cost savings, coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements
- Manage the UK operation from Canada, ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure business performance, makes data-driven decisions
- Hold people accountable, provide coaching and training to employees when needed, proficient with reading people
- Evaluate ongoing employee performance and coordinates annual review and appraisal programs and oversees the hiring process
- 5+ years of proven experience in a leadership role, ideally as a General Manager, Director of Finance, or Operations Manager
- CPA designation and hands-on experience involving business operations, full cycle accounting, advanced Excel skills and proficiency in business software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to lead and motivate a team, ability to work independently and efficiently
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations including administration, finance, quality control, human resources, customer service and sales, a true generalist with a background in accounting.
- A team player, who consistently leverages talent and expertise within the operation, is results oriented and driven to get things done
- Strong strategic planning and problem-solving skills, with a focus on data-driven decision-making, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, strong negotiation and follow-up skills, attends to the needs of the customer
- A natural relationship builder who brings creative thinking and a “can do” attitude
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious, and competitive, demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency in executing day-to-day responsibilities
- Experience in the textile industry is a plus, but not required
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.