Dickson Stojak Huang, Chartered Professional Accountants is a full service financial accounting and consulting firm located in Richmond, B.C.. Becoming lifelong partners to the clients and helping achieve their dreams for themselves and their families is the first priority. With a complete slate of services and expertise in a variety of industries, the team at Dickson Stojak Huang are here to help their clients achieve business success. Dickson Stojak Huang is searching for an individual to join the team and become a leader as an Intermediate Accountant. The successful candidate will embrace the team’s dedication to superior client service.
The Intermediate Accountant:
The Intermediate Accountant will perform a wide range of cost effective accounting services to individual and business clients and grow as a leader within the firm. This individual will provide personalized quality service in a timely and accurate manner that sets Dickson Stojak Huang apart.
- Partners with clients and provides quality service that is personalized to the company’s or individual’s needs
- Provides constructive solutions to address the needs of corporate and individual clients.
- Provides financial information in a timely and accurate manner, proficient in providing a full range of accounting, assurance and tax services
- Stays current on new tax legislation and accounting standards
- Prepares returns for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, estates and not-for-profit organizations that are accurate and delivered on time
- Acts as a sounding board for clients, provides comprehensive information that addresses issues affecting the business
- Train junior team members on firm policies and procedures and review their work output
- A CPA designation is required
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience with at least 3 of these years in public practice
- Experience managing accounts, able to interact and train junior members of the team,
- Familiar with ASPE and current standards for financial statement presentation including assurance engagements
- Always professional with a demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics, leads by example
- Has excellent social skills with an aptitude for direct client interaction, manages multiple clients
- Exceptional attention to detail with the skill to manage multiple reporting tasks and change priorities effectively
- Experience compiling and reviewing tax filings, preparing personal/corporate/trust tax returns and other government information returns
- Experience in research on tax and accounting matters with willingness to learn and grow professionally
- A proactive and enterprising individual with strong emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills and a willingness to voice opinions and back up opinions with fact
- Solution oriented problem solver with demonstrated understanding of people. Adaptable, works well with various personality types, avoids making assumptions by asking curious questions
- Skilled use of tax and accounting software, proficient use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Interested in developing new business and developing new clients
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.