Facility Manager at the Adventure Den
The Canine Adventure Den is a pet boarding and daycare facility located in Vancouver. This facility caters to cats and dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments. Each pet guest is treated as an individual and the Jet Pet team knows how to entertain all personality types, from relaxed cats, shy canines, to playful puppies and energetic dogs. The Canine Adventure Den is searching for a Facility Manager to make a valuable contribution to the team.
This individual will report to the Director of Operations and manage the day-to-day operations, grow inside sales and lead the team. This role requires exceptional customer service, consistent interaction with guests and the team throughout the day. The successful candidate will greet clients, position service packages, lead prospective clients on tours of the facility and close sales. This natural leader will gain immediate trust and rapport with the customers, have a hands-on management style and a can-do attitude.
- Foster a sales and customer service culture that values transparency, accountability and excellence
- Communicate and lead the team to improve customer service and exceed sales goals
- Provide coaching and on-going training to develop inside sales team, raise productivity and service standards resulting in a minimum 10% annual growth
- Report metrics weekly, discuss and review KPIs with Director of Operations
- Attract and retain top performing talent and effectively onboard new employees
- Engage the team and make the sales process fun by initiating team building events
- Maintain and grow an online presence, build a strong following
- Passionate about animals, ability to build rapport with customer/pet immediately, desire to provide an incredible customer/pet experience
- Demonstrated track record in direct sales and/or in customer service with up-selling responsibilities, solid understanding of marketing through social media platforms
- 1-2 years supervisory experience with above average communication skills, a can-do attitude, solution driven and open to new ideas
- A friendly demeanour with an infectious out-going personality, a natural people connector
- A natural people-leader coming from a sales, call centre, hotel hospitality or retail environment
- Leads by example with proven ability to problem solve effectively and improve work processes and sales procedures
- Enjoys working for smaller privately-owned, entrepreneurial company with the ability to have a significant impact and own a portion of the business.
- Flexibility to work during peak periods (statutory long weekend holidays), work weekends when needed and be on call when necessary
- Expectation of continuous learning, increased self awareness and self improvement
- Interest in, or exposure to the importance of health and safety is an asset
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.