Financial Controller in Abbotsford
Modpools is the original container pool of North America, with over 1000 container pools built and shipped all across Canada and the USA. We use only the highest quality of materials and equipment from North America’s top suppliers. Modpools is a trusted brand regularly featured on TV and across social media. Modpools is currently searching for a Financial Controller.
As the Financial Controller, you have strong business acumen and experience in multi-currencies and inter-company transactions. This individual will be hands-on with the ability to analyze numbers, create reports, interpret monthly findings with the goal to controlling costs and growing revenue. Working strategically with the senior team, you decipher data, present financial intelligence and assist with implementing real-time strategies.
- An internal leader who gains the confidence of the team, meets deadlines and responds to inquiries from inside the company, demonstrates exceptional communication skills
- Ensures consistency and efficiency of systems and processes across the board, holds people accountable
- Maximizes efficiency and streamlines processes where necessary, ensures there are adequate checks and balances at every stage
- Processes monthly/semi-monthly payroll and related remittance/contribution
- Registers new hires in payroll system and maintains employee account in payroll system
- Responsible for the daily accounting and book keeping function of Modpools including overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Reviews and files corporate taxes, experience preparing and filing Government reports
- Contributes to building a solid foundation for Modpools’ continued success and growth.
- 5+ years accounting experience in medium size companies with multiple departments, enjoys working internally with team, previous experience in an entrepreneurial family business is an asset
- Strong business acumen with experience with multi-currencies and inter-company transactions, with experience overseeing payroll and benefits
- Responsibility for accounts payable, accounts receivable, daily cash monitoring and reconciliations in a fast paced manufacturing business
- A proactive and very “hands-on” individual with strong emotional intelligence and exceptional communication skills and a willingness to voice opinions and back up opinions with fact
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, organized manner, listen and work collaboratively with others to obtain information, strives to find answers
- Solution oriented problem solver with demonstrated understanding of people, adaptable, works well with various personality types, avoids making assumptions by asking curious questions
- A quick learner who thrives within a fast paced entrepreneurial culture with the willingness to take a hands-on approach to daily activities
- Proven track record of being organized, deadline driven and meticulously detail oriented, a self-motivated high achiever, coachable
- Strives for continuous improvement for self and others, proven computer skills with exceptional skills in Excel and Quickbooks
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – email@example.com – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.