Account Executive – Primex HVAC Division
PrimexVents is a HVAC Venting company and a division of the Menzies Group of companies. The team at PrimexVents has expert knowledge about the building envelope and HVAC systems.
Living in a temperate rainforest on Canada’s wet west coast the team know how difficult and important it is to maintain the integrity of a building envelope under constant attack from moisture. The range of engineered, rainscreen-approved plastic products stand up to almost anything Mother Nature can muster. PrimexVents is currently searching for an Account Executive to be responsible for increasing the North American distributor network.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Account Executive, Primex HVAC division will be a passionate building materials specialist. This individual will be responsible for increasing distributor wholesale and retail chain sales in Canadian and USA markets. With a strong technical aptitude and willingness to travel, the Account Executive will facilitate high levels of service and be the key liaison between the customer and internal departments.
- Focus on new business growth through skilled relationship building and selling, grow the distributor market into additional revenue streams
- Regularly visit and maintain contact, both in person and remotely with all key distributors, champion the distributor market initiative, prospect for new business strategically
- Accountable for ensuring the sales pipeline is accurate and predictable when forecasting net new revenue
- Work closely with specifiers and architects, gather field knowledge and relay frontline information to product development team, participate in the planning and execution of new product ideas
- Share product knowledge and sales support to sales reps. within the company, provide training and product knowledge to customers
- Visit job sites, industry trade shows, speak with industry leaders to gain insights into new construction techniques and requirements
- 5+ years technical sales experience proactively growing sales and business relationships within distribution networks, experience in the HVAC industry is an asset
- A hands-on hunter sales person who thrives within a dynamic entrepreneurial culture
- Experience nurturing internal relationships with customer service, branch sales reps., operations and logistics
- Proven ability to develop a cohesive sales plan, including sales projections and budgets with a demonstrated track record prospecting and managing the sales pipeline
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to educate sales and customer support team members to better utilize sales processes and reporting mechanisms
- Proven track record with budgeting, controlling all sales costs and maintaining pricing programs to insure maximum profits
- A natural relationship builder who strives for continuous improvement while growing external relationships with distributors, trades people, industry contacts
- A natural collaborator who demonstrates energy and a sense of urgency when fulfilling day-to-day responsibilities
- Has experience with CRM systems (experience with SAP is an asset), has advanced excel skills
- Able to travel to the USA and attend 2 to 4 trade shows annually
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We base our selection process on Topgrading®, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles. As well, we integrate TalentSorter®, a behavioural science based assessment tool to help companies hire for “fit.”
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in PDF, in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role.