Kobelt Manufacturing is a premier manufacturer of quality marine engine controls, electric over hydraulic steering systems, shaft brakes, deck machinery controls and industrial disc brakes. Kobelt’s products are used around the globe in all sizes of pleasure craft, work boats, public service vessels, oil rigs, wind turbines, aerospace and mining industries. Fifty plus years of success can be attributed to a commitment of maintaining the highest standards for quality and workmanship.
The Manager Shipping/Receiving is a key member of Kobelt’s team and will be responsible for the logistical and shipping functions for the company. This role is responsible for the coordinated movement of customer product from its completion on the shop floor to its final delivery in the fastest most cost effective manner possible. This requires collaboration with and assistance from sales, production and accounting.
- Ensure that finished products, parts and returned goods (RGA’s) are shipped and delivered to customers on time and on budget
- Frame decision-making around Kobelt’s stated vision and mission statements and adhere to the company’s core values
- Communicate with customers, internal shipping & receiving staff and certain production/crating staff
- Works closely to coordinate tasks and events with the shop floor Supervisors and Inventory Manager
- Provides shipping quotes to sales team as required and make recommendations on best means of transport required.
- Prioritize, assign, delegate and supervise daily shipping schedules and activities as required and embraces shared accountably for the on time delivery of Kobelt’s product
- Manage and resolve all damaged freight claims, meets or exceeds deadlines for delivery of Kobelt’s products
- Completes and files all required paperwork, uses Kobelt and third party software
- Maintain direct accountability for the Kobelt’s compliance to NAFTA registration and filing
- Responsible for costs and budgets related to shipping and maintains accurate recording of items received, ensures conformance to quality.
- Negotiate, manage and maintain all shipping trade lanes and modes of transportation to ensure that Kobelt and Kobelt’s customers are getting the best prices and value for service.
- Coordinate, build, strengthen and maintain relationships with Kobelt transportation, logistics and brokerage service providers.
- Coordinate and facilitate the transportation of Kobelt trade show items
- Attends and participates at regular production and management meetings.
- Diploma in shipping and logistics is preferred.
- General knowledge and training in manufacturing principles and processes including Lean Manufacturing.
- 5 to 10 years progressive international experience in shipping and logistics
- Experience with a Materials Resource Planning (MRP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required.
- An aptitude for accuracy, attention to detail, organization and prioritization.
- Experience with creative problem solving relating to shipping and logistics.
- Will show initiative and bring new ideas and suggestions to the current shipping and receiving systems and process
- Proven fluency in English both written and verbal
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret shipping and logistics related documents and contracts, sales orders and general business correspondence and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and general business correspondence.
- Must have strong computer skills including the ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Experience with Visual Manufacturing software an asset
- Success working with deadlines, experience being measured on time performance and delivery of products in the most cost effective manner.
- Five day a week, on call duty is required with sporadic call-ins during weekends.
- Infrequent lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Valid Forklift Operator Certificate
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading Executive Recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
Our goal at People First Solutions is to hire top performers for our clients. To this end, our selection process is thorough, enabling us to collect very detailed information. We have based our selection process on Topgrading, a proven method that allows our clients’ to effectively match top performing candidates to key leadership roles.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in word or pdf format in confidence to either Bob Murray or Adrienne Giffen.
Bob Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604.803.4377
Adrienne Giffen – email@example.com – 604.209.8023
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and wish to advise that we will be in direct contact only with those we wish to interview.